Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ACF Posts: 8, Reputation: -1

May 1, 2007, 09:30 PM
    Abondonment laws of Washington state
    I need help, trying to find laws about what is abandonment, like how long is it considered abandonment. We have our granddaughter who has lived with us since she has been born and both parents have signed over their rights to us (grandparents). Since then he doesn't call or see her for up to 5 -6 months at times. Since she has been born he has only seen her 6 times up to an hour on each visit. So if anyone can lead us to a site or give any info on what is considered abandoment I be happy to hear them. Thanks for your time.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 2, 2007, 05:44 AM
    Hello:

What are you trying to do that is not now being done? Why do you think spending money, time, and effort filing something about child abandonment will fix it?

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 2, 2007, 06:57 AM
    You can get these answers from your local children's services agency. But I echo excon's question. Why does this concern you?

May 3, 2007, 12:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello:

What are you trying to do that is not now being done? Why do you think spending money, time, and effort filing something about child abandonment will fix it?

excon
    Hello,
    First of all I was hoping to find someone who might actually know the legal answer to my question. I really wasn't asking for someone to question why I was asking the question.
    , but if you must know it is because we are planning a out of state move.So as you can see regardless of the time, money and effort it is important . Thank you for a response that was of no actually help or concern for my real question,just people wanting to make smart calus remarks and not truly being helpful. Needless to say we hired our lawyer and doing what we need to do. This website is of no actual help just people venting a attitude. Good luck to the rest of you.

May 3, 2007, 01:08 PM
    First may I call your attention to the guidelines for using the comments feature discussed here:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/feedba...ure-24951.html

You ask for help but when we try to help you virtually slap us in the face. That doesn't inspire us to help you.

There are reasons we asked the question. Often an asker doesn't know how to ask for what they really need to know. Therefore, we often ask for more info so we can determine how best to help you.

Whether the child was legally abandoned or not wouldn't seem to have made a difference to you since you have custody and the parents signed over their rights. So there had to be something more, hence the question.

What matters to you is not abandonment but visitation. If the parents have a court ordered visitation then moving out of state would be a concern. If they don't, and signing away their rights would indicate they don't, then it should not be a concern to you.

Next time you ask for help on a site like this, try working with the people trying to help you instead of displaying a 'tude.

May 3, 2007, 02:02 PM
    Thank you for your veiw. But I will no longer be needing anyone's help here.

May 3, 2007, 02:11 PM
    Yes I am wonderful and thank you but I no longer need unprofessional help. Good luck to you .

May 3, 2007, 04:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ACF
    yes i am wonderful and thank you but i no longer need unprofessional help. good luck to you .
    I'm glad you are wonderful, but I think you DO need help. You need help to get the chip off your shoulder and stop trying to insult people who are trying to help you. You have been rude and insulting with no provocation for it.

May 3, 2007, 04:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    I'm glad you are wonderful, but I think you DO need help. You need help to get the chip off your shoulder and stop trying to insult people who are trying to help you. You have been rude and insulting with no provocation for it.

I am sorry if I affendned you. I quess I just took the comment wrong from the other persons posting. I felt I was having it thrown back in my face about wasting money.time. When this person didn't know my whole situation and I wasn't asking to explain it on this site I was just asking if someone might now the abandmont laws in wa, and I ended up getting a comment that was uncalled for because I don't look at anything I would do to protect my granchildren as waste of my time or money. I wish you could understand how the comment made me fell. Again my entent to come on this site wasn't to agrue with people but if someone didn't know the answer then they should not have assumed I was wasting my time and money and they should have not commented unless they had good advice of the laws or where I may of found my answer. I thank you for your answer , but then you addressed your curiousty to the excons comments which I found not approiate. Sorry if I seemed harsh, but I do not have any chips on my shoulder. Just wanted correct info and spare me the personal comments unless they were something positive. Thank you

May 3, 2007, 04:52 PM
    As to the rubypitbull person. Thank you for your rude comment .dont know where you came into this but I hope sticking your nose it the middle made your day. Best of luck to you

May 3, 2007, 04:54 PM
    Exactly my point! You took our questions wrongly with no provocation and without even giving us the chance to explain you lashed out at us. The question was NOT uncalled for.

I'm sorry the comment made you feel badly, but any offense you took was based on your own attitudes. One of the problems with communications like this is that the written word only comprises 30% of communications. The rest is tone of voice and body language/facial expression. So you need to give the benefit of the doubt before leaping to take offense.

As I pointed out earlier, we asked the question to get a clearer picture of the situation so we could give the best help we could. There was no intention of an attack or being smart alecky or anything other than a desire to understand the situation so we could help properly.

That you took offense at a question to get a clearer picture indicates a chip on your shoulder. So does your comment to Ruby. You deserved her comments by your actions. I suspect it's there because you are having a hard time protectimg your grandchild and the comment may have hit a nerve it wasn't intended to.

But lets put that all behind us and start afresh. Is there anything more we can help you with on this issue?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 3, 2007, 05:03 PM
    Okay ACF, just chill out a little bit, okay?

Now, the people who were trying to help you were asking questions to get a better grasp of the situation so that they can guide you in the right direction. Without the whole story, advice can get totally misconstrued.

Now, if the parents have already signed over parental rights, they have signed over any decision making authority they would have as parents. So the decisions as to the safety, wellbeing, etc of the child is now your responsibility. If you want to move, then move.

However, we would caution to you seek the advice of a family law attorney in your area to get the whole picture for your particular situation.

May 3, 2007, 05:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Okay ACF, just chill out a little bit, okay?

Now, the people who were trying to help you were asking questions to get a better grasp of the situation so that they can guide you in the right direction. Without the whole story, advice can get totally misconstrued.

Now, if the parents have already signed over parental rights, they have signed over any decision making authority they would have as parents. So the decisions as to the safety, wellbeing, etc of the child is now your responsibility. If you want to move, then move.

However, we would caution to you seek the advice of a family law attorney in your area to get the whole picture for your particular situation.
    Thank you for your advice. We have gotton legal rep on this as we still have to give a 60 day notice. Thank you very much. Your comment was the first approiate one I received on here. Thank you again

May 3, 2007, 05:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ACF
    Thank you for your advice. we have gotton legal rep on this as we still have to give a 60 day notice. thank you very much. your comment was the first approiate one i received on here. thank you again
    You still persist in being rude and obnoxious, don't you? You can't take valid criticism and the sincere offer to help. Well maybe you better find someplace else to get help. Your attitude is going to put people off.

May 3, 2007, 06:09 PM
    Ok you may have nothing better to do with your life but to sit here and contitue to not except my thank you and apology,so I will make this easy for you. This is goodbye and I have no further need to hear anyting you have to say. You are the one who is being persistent in being rude now. Bye bye

May 3, 2007, 06:34 PM
    I DID accept your thank you and apology. But then you showed how insincere it was with your response to J-9.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New York State Laws for absent Parents? [ 4 Answers ]

I know this has been probably asked a million times, BUT I am asking it again. I have a situation to where I am getting health insurance through NYS called Child Health Plus, they are inquiring about my daughters father who has shown no interest in her since her birth. My situation is as follows:...

Tree Trimming - Washington State [ 2 Answers ]

I have a neighbor that reaches over my fence to trim my tree branches that are hanging on her side of the fence. She then throws the cut branches in my yard to clean up. I know she's allowed to cut the tree limbs at the fence line or she should come over and tell me to cut them; however, she...

Hedges on property line - Washington State [ 9 Answers ]

Well... I've done something foolish and now I need to know what I can (or should) do about it. We have a nice view of Mount Ranier from the patio in front of our home. Over the last few months, the hedge that separates my house and the house next door has grown so tall that it blocked the view...

Va State Tax Laws [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1099-MISC income/ Box 3 other income.. state taxes were not paid.. do I need to report this on my state tax form? monroklo

View more questions Search