Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    diomonds Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2007, 02:08 PM
    My bank account is frozen
    My bank account was frozen I am trying to get restriction release, The debt collector said they would release it if I show them proof that the money in the acct. is my dads pension ck and ss check. They are requesting copies of checks and bank account statements, before they release the money.? Should I submit these papers. Will they give me back legal fees money they took from my account.The account is joint and my dad is the debtor he is retired and the only income he has is those checks.Due to that he is almost blind , I open the account in our names so that I can cash and do his transactions. He is willing to pay back if they would give him a break but they applied late fees and interests which totals almost $15.000 from an acct of $8.000.WHAT SHOULD WE DO, WE DON'T WANT TO FILE BANKRUPT. DUE TO A HOUSE IS INVOLVED AND HAS A MORTGAGE :confused:
    matthew47 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2007, 08:18 AM
    Contact them for a settlement of less than 15K offer them 10K. Just make sure you have the money to pay them once agreed.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2007, 09:05 AM
    Have your father file a Motion to Quash the Garnishment for claim of third party interest in the funds.

Also read this post:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...evy-86065.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Frozen bank account [ 2 Answers ]

Can a bank place a hold on or freeze an account without some type of judgement or court order in Maryland?

Bank Account Frozen [ 3 Answers ]

A judgement was placed on me from a credit card company where I owed a little over $2,000. I had moved from where the original papers were sent and did not attend the court date. I have never received any new information regarding this action at my present address. However, after receiving money...

Frozen Bank Account [ 7 Answers ]

My bank account was recently frozen because of an outstanding credit card balance. I live paycheck to paycheck, I called the bank and they just said an order was put through and that there was nothing they could do. I called the number the bank gave me for the company that got the judgement. I...

Bank account frozen [ 1 Answers ]

I've read several questions on the topic of judgements from creditors freezing or levying bank accounts. Unfortunately, we received some very bad advice from a debt settlement company and allowed a judgement to be put on us. The debt is mine from being unemployed for an extended time but I was...

Frozen bank account [ 1 Answers ]

A judgement has my bank account frozen. Apparently the credit card company sued me after I moved and sent notices to my old address for 4 years. The debt collectors/bottom feeders told me the credit card company sent me a settlement offer in October 2006 to my old address. I never received any...

View more questions Search