Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skunkworks Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2007, 11:33 AM
    Ice Maker slow making ice
    Hi,
    I have a Kenmore Elite refer and the ice maker has almost quit making ice.The ice maker is part # 4317943 the freezer is about 0.0F any help will be appreciated.
    Randy
    JackT Posts: 260, Reputation: 19

Apr 28, 2007, 12:50 PM
    Check the water inlet. Are the few cubes that it makes full size? Water is controlled by a timer and if its obstructed or slow filling, it will not make ice. You could also have a bad motor, defrost heater, or sensor. If these items fail, it usually won't make any ice. Check to be sure the electric plug from the ice maker is plugged in and check the water flow.
    skunkworks Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2007, 05:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by skunkworks
    Hi,
    I have a Kenmore Elite refer and the ice maker has almost quit making ice.The ice maker is part # 4317943 the freezer is about 0.0F any help will be appreciated.
    Randy
    Thanks Jack,
    It makes full sized cubes but it takes about 3Yrs to make 1 tray.I haven't officially timed it but it never seems to catch up.
    Randy
    JackT Posts: 260, Reputation: 19

Apr 28, 2007, 06:07 PM
    3 yrs is a little long. Sometimes water or moisture will build up inside the ice maker itself. Once in a while you can pull the ice maker out of the freezer and let it dry out for a day or two, re-install it and it will work fine. Try to watch it when it first starts to make a batch of ice to see if it is filling up with water or if it just has a small amount in the cube maker. If it's making some ice, its probably not a defrost problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ice maker won't make ice [ 7 Answers ]

Im sure someone messed with this thing. But it's a kenmore side by side fridge about a 1 1/2 years old. Putting the arm in the down positions usually triggers that unit to fill the aisle with water and then proceeds to freeze to make ice. Well that's not happening and I can't find the manual at...

GE Gold refrigerator ice maker leaking into the ice tub [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old GE Gold stacked refrigerator/freezer. The ice maker is leaking into the ice bin. The leak is a slow, constant drip that freezes into an icesicle. Annoying. Any advice would be appreciated ! :confused:

Slow ice maker [ 3 Answers ]

My ice maker is slow in making ice, what's wrong?

Ice Maker [ 2 Answers ]

My icemaker in freezer of ref. quit working. I checked the arm and it seems to be OK. Any ideas on troubleshooting unit appreciated.

Ice Maker Won't Make Ice on its Own [ 0 Answers ]

In addition to the jacuzzi issue, my ice maker won't produce ice on its own. The family who lived here before me never had it connected; the refrigerator is not quite 2 years old. It's a Kitchen-Aid. If I fill up the tray with water, it eventually freezes and the ice is released. I can hear water...

View more questions Search