Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pce2007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2007, 01:06 AM
    Hampton Bay Remote Fan Won't Turn Off
    I purchased 5 Hampton Bay White Redington III Ceiling Fans with Remote Control & Light Kit (Model B52852WH) over 6 years ago. The fans do not have pull chains or wall switches - they can only be operated using the remote control. 2 of the fans are installed in one large bedroom with both remote controls on the same frequency so either remote will operate both fans. I am now having problems with one of the fans. Yesterday, I turned the fans on high using the remote control and now one of the fans will not turn off. I am able to operate the light kit using the remote control but the fan is running on high and will not turn off nor can I change the speed or direction - it has been running nonstop for about 12 hours. The only way I can get the fan to stop running is to turn off all electrical power in the room. I am not having any problems with the other 4 fans.

I have tested all 5 remotes and none of them will stop the fan. Does this sound like a receiver problem? If so, where can I get a replacement? Thanks.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 24, 2007, 07:29 AM
    If your remote still controls one fan but not the other it is your receiver gone bad. The Hampton Bay receiver kits at Home Depot are not designed to be replacements for factory installed receivers. They still sell that fan so you should contact Home Depot to order a replacement receiver.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2007, 03:41 PM
    Ballenger is correct except you need to contact Hampton Bay, not Home Depot, to get the replacement receiver. OR you can exchange the entire fan at HD.

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Remote Ceiling Fan - light works - no fan [ 2 Answers ]

After about 4 months of use, this began to happen. I would try to turn on the fan (either Low Med or High) and the fan would barely turn. Sometimes it would work - this lasted for about 5 days. Since then, if you try to turn on the fan, you get no response. Now, the light will still turn on...

Hampton Bay Remote Video/fan Remote Control [ 16 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Video & Fan Remote Control (Model #UR8050T). It has been working fine for about 2 years until it recently began malfunctioning. It still operates the television, but the use of the fan/light features has stopped working. It will not turn the fan on or off, and the light is...

Hampton Bay Light and Fan Doesn't turn on/remote [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay celling fan with a light, it suddely stopped working could a broken reciver cause it to stop working, if so I want to remove the reciver and make it manual, Beofore I toss it and buy a new one. Also what do I do with the wires that say light and motor, they are currently going...

Hampton Bay remote doesn't turn on light [ 8 Answers ]

I am in need of assistance, if possible. I recently bought a Hampton Bay Windward II ceiling fan from Home Depot. I installed the fan according to the instructions. With the wall switch turned "on", the fan light comes on and the fan begins spinning; however, the remote will operate the fan and all...

Hampton Bay Remote Won't Completely Turn Off Light [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I just purchased two Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Remotes (Transmitter/Receiver). Model: 191-707. I wired one up in my living room and the other in the kitchen. I was able to turn my lights on/off and my fan too. They worked great or so I thought. When it got dark out I noticed that with the...

View more questions Search