Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lbjohn65 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2019, 11:27 AM
    My irrigation pump keeps tripping out the circuit breaker
    I have a Sta-Rite Irrigation pump(DS3HF-01) that was leaking because the seal and diffuser ring were bad. After fixing the leak, the pump keeps tripping out the circuit breaker. I change the circuit breaker, the pump start relay, the centrifugal motor switch, and the capacitor. It still keep tripping out the circuit whenever I turn on the sprinkler system. It was working fine before I decided to fix the leak. What else could be wrong? Please help!
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2019, 02:31 PM
    If you tightened the seal too much or improperly installed the seal and diffuser ring, you could be binding the pump shaft. Are you sure it is the right diffuser? Same number of vanes? Overload on start up.
    lbjohn65 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2019, 09:55 PM
    Yes, it's the right diffuser ring.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Circuit breaker tripping on electric well pump [ 9 Answers ]

I have an electric well pump which trips the circuit breaker. The pump does not seem to work. I can reset the breaker but it trips again after five minutes or so. Do I have a pump problem or an electrical problem?

Water pump circuit breaker tripping [ 0 Answers ]

We had a thunderstorm followed by power outage last night, this morning I went to use the water and it slowly went dead. I began by inspecting the pressure tank and pressure control switch, then found the outside water pump breaker was tripped, upon resetting the water was back on! But wait,...

Why my circuit breaker keeps tripping in a submersible water pump? [ 13 Answers ]

We live in the lower Hudson Valley of New York State where currently we're getting lots of rain. Is it possible that something happened to the wiring causing a short circuit? Water pump will trip 20-25 seconds immediately after being reset. Right afterward, it will trip again within 10-15...

My sewage ejector pump keeps tripping the circuit breaker. [ 4 Answers ]

My meyer ejector pump stopped working. When you hit the override button it comes on for about 15 seconds. Once the tank was drained the tech refiled the tank to see if the pump would come on and it didn't, nor did it come on when he pulled on one of the floater sensors. He said the pump must be...

Why is my circuit breaker keep tripping on a submersible water pump [ 1 Answers ]

I have a submersible water about 300 feet or so. When the breaker trips I turn it on it stays on for a little bit 10 to 30 minutes then trips. What's wrong, all this started after a bad rain storm.

View more questions Search