Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2019, 01:59 PM
    aint going to happen because all the scenarios leads to a Republican takover of the executive .The Dems will sacrifice if a Dem assumes the position. But as we see in Va. the Dems will tough it out in sex assault and racism charges if the alternative is to lose the position to a Republican.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2019, 05:06 AM
    Here is what I don't understand on these accusations. If these two women have credible stories about what was basically rape, then why would Fairfax be impeached? Why wouldn't the justice system of whatever state this happened in bring charges against him? If the stories are true, then he is a criminal. It would not be a political issue but a criminal one.

As to the issue of credibility, the first accusation against Fairfax is filled with details and Fairfax admitted it happened, but claimed it was consensual. It's a completely different case from Ford's hazy and inaccurate recollections about Kavanaugh.

Will be interesting to see if the senate dems forcefully support these women's accusations against Fairfax the same way they did Ford's. So far they decidedly have not.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 11, 2019, 06:37 AM
    Actually dems have already come out for the accusers credibility, and the Virginia legislature want Fairfax to handle his business out of office, as it is a possible criminal case. Of course repubs are salivating at a chance to take over Virginia without an election, so it remains to be seen if Northam can survive, or the AG, who called for the Gov to resign, and then admitted he did the same thing.
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2019, 03:41 PM
    Actually dems have already come out for the accusers credibility, and the Virginia legislature want Fairfax to handle his business out of office, as it is a possible criminal case. Of course repubs are salivating at a chance to take over Virginia without an election, so it remains to be seen if Northam can survive, or the AG, who called for the Gov to resign, and then admitted he did the same thing.
    Fairfax deserves his day in court and is innocent until proven guilty. We don't conduct justice in this country by reading an accuser's statement and saying, "Gosh, that sure does sound credible, so he is bound to be guilty." Man I'm glad that's not how we do things.

Before you make the dems sound too holy, which of the national dems have called for his resignation in the same way they did Kavanaugh?
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2019, 07:12 PM
    wonder if the Dems will go after Fairfax the same way Republicans threw Roy Moore under the bus.
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2019, 07:52 PM
    Good question, though it is true to some extent that Moore threw himself under the bus, but even at that, he would have been another republican vote which is, I imagine, your point.
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2019, 08:24 PM
    yes if the Dems knew they would retain the seats, then all 3 of the pols in hot water in Va would already be gone.
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2019, 05:23 AM
    So much is just plain politics. Nothing to do with ethics. I think Fairfax should have his day in court, and I don't agree with jumping to judgement with him anymore than I did with Kavanaugh.

The real amazement to me is Northam. It's fine to advocate for infanticide, but if a 35 year old pic of someone in black face and a KKK robe shows up from a yearbook, then it's time to kick him out. What a strange set of values that represents.
    Expert

Feb 12, 2019, 08:23 AM
    I find that strange myself JL, as strange as his public reactions and statement since it was revealed. It's no secret that those frat boys back in the day were wild and weird, present politics notwithstanding, but I admire your consistency, though we often disagree. It's all good if not baffling at times.

One thing we know is bad behavior is bipartisan and bears closer scrutiny of all our politicians.
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2019, 08:51 AM
    The pc world is killing us. Gucci just recalled this sweater

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/07/us/gu...ter/index.html

Katie Perry is under assault for her shoe line .
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2019, 03:21 PM
    They should recall that sweater, but only because it is unspeakably ugly. Who would ever wear such a thing?
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2019, 04:17 PM
    Companies like Gucci and Prada (which is also in pc hot water ) have been trend setters for years . But in the brave new world the radical fringe has become the mainstream and it appears the radical Dem candidates can't keep up with the bases move to the bizarre Even Cory Booker and Kamala Harris are under heat by the thought police. Did you hear that Harris had to defend the fact that she married a white man ????
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2019, 10:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    They should recall that sweater, but only because it is unspeakably ugly. Who would ever wear such a thing?
    They should have made it full face
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2019, 02:38 AM
    I actually thought it was a joke when I first saw it. Come to think of it, I still tend to think it's a joke.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2019, 05:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I actually thought it was a joke when I first saw it. Come to think of it, I still tend to think it's a joke.
    Well of course it is but there are some people who think it is fashion just because it has a name on it
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2019, 11:00 AM
    The Democratic Party must ask itself if it’s willing to sacrifice Virginia in 2020 on the altar of Ralph Northam.
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2019, 02:58 PM
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2019, 04:20 PM
    Wow. Tough one. Should have put the Duke Lacrosse accuser's in there as well.
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2019, 04:33 PM
    did you see where Al Sharpton was chiding Smollett and said he should face maximum penalty ? oh the irony !
    Expert

Feb 22, 2019, 04:17 AM
    Liars, cheaters, and connivers should be held accountable. Unfortunately they make it bad for REAL victims to be taken seriously. A bigger irony though is the dufus tweet storm is conspicuously silent about the coast guard officer arrested as a terrorist. A self avowed white supremacist stashing guns and drugs for his big attack on dufus critics.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Box on incline. If you push it up, will it take longer to go up or longer down [ 5 Answers ]

If a box is given a shove so it slides up an incline then slides back down to its starting point, will it take longer on the way up or on the way down? I think it's down.

Electric dryer taking longer and longer to dry clothes [ 3 Answers ]

I have an electric dryer that is taking longer and longer times to dry the clothes about 2-1/2 hours to do a standard load. The time seems to be increasing - Is this dangerous? It is probably running my electric bill up? The dryer came with the house I bought a year ago. I would guess the appliance...

View more questions Search