Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 23, 2019, 10:22 AM
    [QUOTE=jlisenbe;3828675]You're dithering.[/QOUTE]

The dufus dithers helped along by Slick Mitch who instead of doing his job, defers to the dufus. That's how and why the government workers are in soup lines and can't pay their bills and must work nonetheless. Abject slavery. That's IMMORAL and illegal according to the 13th amendment which forbids involuntary servitude.

Illegals consume billions upon billions of dollars in tax money every year. That's how it should concern you.
    Site your source and I will site mine as to the billions they contribute to the US treasury. Of course we can ignore that fact as the right ignores any fact that shows they are wrong,

Funny how liberals can never stray far away from race.
    How can we since repubs use race in institutional ways to target oppressive, suppressive, policy at minorities women and children. Just look at the make up of the conservative repub base, and look at the liberal dem base and you might see what I am talking about. You already know but are in deep denial that we hate racist policies, and conservatives NEED racists.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 23, 2019, 10:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    You're dithering.
    Has tRump stated his compromise position? (Psssst, he doesn't have one.)

Illegals consume billions upon billions of dollars in tax money every year. That's how it should concern you.
    No, they don't. Do some research. They do all those dirty jobs whites refuse to do. Visit nursing homes and see who's washing the floors and residents' butts and befouled bedding. Talk with roofing and construction contractors who hire illegals on the cheap to do the scut (meaning menial) labor. Ask tRump whom he hired to do the crappy jobs when he built his towers and also ask him how many illegals work at Mar-a-Lago. And those illegals who don't have SS#s do pay taxes on goods and services.

Funny how liberals can never stray far away from race.
    The r in Republican is for "racist."

What was very upsetting was that, because of the dictated federal "furlough," tRump had no kitchen staff to prepare dinner for the Clemson Tigers, but was reduced to feeding them stone-cold burgers and fries. *shudder*
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2019, 10:37 AM
    Has tRump stated his compromise position? (Psssst, he doesn't have one.)
    Psssst. Yes, he does have one and he has stated it. He was on television just last Saturday doing so. Gosh you dems must sleep a lot. Now you might not like his proposal, but neither you nor the dems have the gumption to come up with an alternative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tnCWsuR6u0

The r in Republican is for "racist."
    Just another example of the unthinking, careless, and vindictive use of the term "racist" which is why it is rapidly becoming a word with no real meaning. It is about on the level of me trying to say the d in democrat stands for "dumb". Of course considering Warren, Ocasio-Cortez, and Sanders, there might at least be a little validity in the statement, but it would still end up being as outrageous as yours.

They do all those dirty jobs whites refuse to do.
    Why is it that you don't have the courage to add, "or that blacks refuse to do". Is that some self loathing at work, or some subtle racism? Why do you only zero in on whites? BTW, I know MANY white, black, and otherwise who do janitorial work, yard care, construction work, painting, and any number of low paying jobs. Having to compete with illegals drives down wages in those jobs. Where do you get your data?

The truth about illegals and taxes. https://www.justfactsdaily.com/illeg...-income-taxes/
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 23, 2019, 10:50 AM
    Psssst. Yes, he does have one and he has stated it. He was on television just last Saturday doing so. Gosh you dems must sleep a lot. Now you might not like his proposal, but neither you nor the dems have the gumption to come up with an alternative.
    Offering to give back a crumb of what he took away is compromise????

Just another example of the unthinking, careless, and vindictive use of the term "racist" which is why it is rapidly becoming a word with no real meaning. It is about on the level of me trying to say the d in democrat stands for "dumb". Of course considering Warren, Ocasio-Cortez, and Sanders, there might at least be a little validity in the statement.
    I'm a Republican and have been listening to fellow Republicans for over 50 years. I LIVE with one, am related to Republicans biologically and thru marriage. I know what I'm talking about when I say they are suspicious of and don't like anyone who isn't white.
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2019, 10:54 AM
    Offering to give back a crumb of what he took away is compromise????
    Far ahead of any proposal I have heard from you or the dems, which is nothing. That's why I asked you earlier what you would accept. You dithered. (Yes, I like that word.)

If you are a repub, then by your own statement you are a racist. Don't you find that strange?

As to the people you know, I live in Mississippi, and I don't know those people. I do know some black individuals who don't like whites, but not so much the other way around, and it is not epidemic in either group.
    Expert

Jan 23, 2019, 10:59 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tnCWsuR6u0
    Pelosi and the dems have already hit the ground running sine January 3rd to open up the government, and relieve the suffering of works that the feckless repubs have allowed the dufus to do. Slick Mitch McConnel is the one who needs to show gumption and do his job.

Just another example of the unthinking, careless, and vindictive use of the term "racist" which is why it is rapidly becoming a word with no real meaning. It is about on the level of me trying to say the d in democrat stands for "dumb". Of course considering Warren, Ocasio-Cortez, and Sanders, there might at least be a little validity in the statement.
    See my posts above.

Why is it that you don't have the courage to add, "or that blacks refuse to do". Is that some self loathing at work, or some subtle racism? Why do you only zero in on whites? BTW, I know MANY white, black, and otherwise who do janitorial work, yard care, construction work, painting, and any number of low paying jobs. Where do you get your data?

The truth about illegals and taxes. https://www.justfactsdaily.com/illeg...-income-taxes/
    https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...llion-annuall/
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2019, 11:11 AM
    Pelosi and the dems have already hit the ground running sine January 3rd to open up the government, and relieve the suffering of works that the feckless repubs have allowed the dufus to do. Slick Mitch McConnel is the one who needs to show gumption and do his job.
    OK. What compromise have they proposed? What are the specifics?

How can we since repubs use race in institutional ways to target oppressive, suppressive, policy at minorities women and children. Just look at the make up of the conservative repub base, and look at the liberal dem base and you might see what I am talking about. You already know but are in deep denial that we hate racist policies, and conservatives NEED racists.
    1. Be specific. What institutional ways are used to target minorities, women, and children? Are you referring to affirmative action, or AFDC, or the many welfare programs that positively target children, or free public education? Be specific.
    2. What do you mean when you say, "Look at the makeup of the conservative repub base"? Are you suggesting that white people are inherently racist? And if you are, then please explain how you are not engaging in the racism you say you detest. If that is not what you meant, then what did you mean?
    Expert

Jan 23, 2019, 02:01 PM

OK. What compromise have they proposed? What are the specifics?

The bills the repubs passed in DEC by voice vote. Bipartisan supported I might add.

1. Be specific. What institutional ways are used to target minorities, women, and children? Are you referring to affirmative action, or AFDC, or the many welfare programs that positively target children, or free public education? Be specific.

Voter suppression laws that require ID' and then close or drastically reduce DMV hours of operations in minority communities, often a lot bigger in population than surronding, white communities. An old tactic. Anothe example is the dakota law that requires and address with a street ID that reservation Indians NEVER had since their village had no "streets" with official names any way but effectively CANCELED their democratic votes. Repub party leaders have long admitted publically there tactics were meant to shave democratic votes, predominately minorities that are targeted.

2. What do you mean when you say, "Look at the makeup of the conservative repub base"? Are you suggesting that white people are inherently racist? And if you are, then please explain how you are not engaging in the racism you say you detest. If that is not what you meant, then what did you mean?

No not at all just, predominately WHITE. and MEN. That does include some publically avowed racists, but I would not broadbrush the entire party as racists. You need those numbers to get a vote total to keep repubs relevant as a national political party, Let's face it the dufus is the leader of your party now and he is a racist in words, actions, behavior, and HISTORY.

I would imagine that you feel as strongly disgusted about Hillary, and that's fair enough I suppose, but the difference is Hillary is history, and the dufus is the current racist in power NOW, so he is the target of the liberals, and even some of his own repubs, and conservatives as well.

That's because he is disgusting and may well prove to be a criminal, in which case his presidency will be illegitimate.

Uber Member

Jan 23, 2019, 02:10 PM
    1. That's it?? Some states have voter ID. You have to have ID to do a lot of things. In Mississippi, there are a number of sources of voter ID cards, not just the DMV. That just won't fly. And the one example in the Dakotas. That's it? That's your proof of systematic racism? That's about the same as saying it does not exist at all.

2. Then why did you feel compelled to use "the makeup of the conservative repub base" as proof of racism in the republican party?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 23, 2019, 02:42 PM
    Far ahead of any proposal I have heard from you or the dems, which is nothing. That's why I asked you earlier what you would accept. You dithered. (Yes, I like that word.)
    I've posted it here more than once: use the money to assign more well-trained immigration agents and, of course, use technology to keep the border secure.

If you are a repub, then by your own statement you are a racist. Don't you find that strange?
    I've never bothered to change my party registration. This way I can vote on a Republican primary ballot and choose candidates who are worthy (not racist), then vote for candidates of either party during the general election.

As to the people you know, I live in Mississippi, and I don't know those people. I do know some black individuals who don't like whites, but not so much the other way around, and it is not epidemic in either group.
    I was born in NC in the mid '40s and lived there for my first ten years. Thankfully, my minister father (from the Chicago suburbs) and mother (from south-central Idaho) had never learned to be racists, so I and my siblings were never taught to be racists either.
    Expert

Jan 23, 2019, 02:58 PM
    1. That's it?? Some states have voter ID. You have to have ID to do a lot of things. In Mississippi, there are a number of sources of voter ID cards, not just the DMV. That just won't fly. And the one example in the Dakotas. That's it? That's your proof of systematic racism? That's about the same as saying it does not exist at all.
    No it's not and you know I could have written a lot more but Geez, it's a matter of history. Okay since you asked so NICELY!

https://www.thoughtco.com/examples-o...he-u-s-2834624

https://www.bustle.com/p/this-is-pro...-problem-43610

https://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/at...ur-way-of-life

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/institu...-says-rep-lee/

https://diverseeducation.com/article/64583/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institutional_racism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Feagin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_Jim_Crow

Let me know when you get through these as my archives on the subject is quite extensive and I hope informative and enlightening.

2. Then why did you feel compelled to use "the makeup of the conservative repub base" as proof of racism in the republican party?
    I will let you consider that for yourself. It didn't take a lot of compelling to state the obvious.
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2019, 04:00 PM
    The first article is a joke including slavery (been gone for 150 years) and problems in World War 2. The second one seems to make sense until you consider how much it might apply to a law-abiding black man and that would be none.

The problem I have with these discussions of institutional racism is that it deflects the conversation away from where it needs to be. What is the greatest problem in the black community? Very simple. The out of wedlock birth rate is over 70% which, just by itself, is devastating. A young black man is seven times more likely to commit murder than a young white man, and many times more likely to be the victim of a homicide (almost always at the hands of another young black man). The educational status of black children lags far behind the rest of the population, and that is especially true for males. Many black children are trapped in low-performing schools. The incarceration rate for black men is abysmally high because the crime rates are abysmally high. There is no law to fix these things. They are many times more the enemy of the black population than is institutional racism, yet they do not get talked about. Why? Because it would require major changes in the behavior of black people, and it is always much easier to talk about someone else changing than to talk about me (for instance) changing. Who is leading the charge against out of wedlock births and in favor of stable families? Who is? On the national stage, the answer is no one. What a tragedy.

Is there institutional racism? No doubt there is still some, but compared to the problems listed above they are not worth talking about. You want to see any population group make progress? Honor the family, honor education, and commit to working hard. It is practically a miracle to see the results that can bring.
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2019, 04:11 PM
    I've posted it here more than once: use the money to assign more well-trained immigration agents and, of course, use technology to keep the border secure.
    And as I replied then, that is not a compromise, it is simply a position. "Take it or leave it," is not a compromise. What Trump proposed is at least the beginning of a compromise.

I've never bothered to change my party registration. This way I can vote on a Republican primary ballot and choose candidates who are worthy (not racist), then vote for candidates of either party during the general election.
    You are a repub. You said repubs are racists. Again, wouldn't that make you a racist? And if not, then your statement would be invalid. We both know it is anyway. It is just another inaccurate use of the term that is rendering it nearly meaningless.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 23, 2019, 04:13 PM
    The first article is a joke including slavery (been gone for 150 years) and problems in World War 2. The second one seems to make sense until you consider how much it might apply to a law-abiding black man and that would be none.

The problem I have with these discussions of institutional racism is that it deflects the conversation away from where it needs to be. What is the greatest problem in the black community? Very simple. The out of wedlock birth rate is over 70% which, just by itself, is devastating. A young black man is seven times more likely to commit murder than a young white man, and many times more likely to be the victim of a homicide (almost always at the hands of another young black man). The educational status of black children lags far behind the rest of the population, and that is especially true for males. Many black children are trapped in low-performing schools. The incarceration rate for black men is abysmally high because the crime rates are abysmally high. There is no law to fix these things. They are many times more the enemy of the black population than is institutional racism, yet they do not get talked about. Why? Because it would require major changes in the behavior of black people, and it is always much easier to talk about someone else changing than to talk about me (for instance) changing. Who is leading the charge against out of wedlock births and in favor of stable families? Who is? On the national stage, the answer is no one. What a tragedy.
    So what are we (white people) doing to help improve the situation?
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2019, 04:18 PM
    So what are we (white people) doing to help improve the situation?
    I guess that's how we are different. I don't see the world by color. I don't get up in the morning and think, "What should I do to help xxxx class of people?" I try to be fair to people and generous when it is needed. What color they are doesn't matter. What color I am doesn't matter. I certainly don't always get it right, but I try not to pay attention to color. Pretty much have to in this thread since it is, for now, about institutional racism, but generally I just don't concern myself with it.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 23, 2019, 04:24 PM
    I guess that's how we are different. I don't see the world by color. I don't get up in the morning and think, "What should I do to help xxxx class of people?" I try to be fair to people and generous when it is needed. What color they are doesn't matter. What color I am doesn't matter. I certainly don't always get it right, but I try not to pay attention to color. Pretty much have to in this thread since it is, for now, about institutional racism, but generally I just don't concern myself with it.
    Your entire screed was on what's wrong with the black community. I just jumped off that.

I agree, we're all in this together. How can I help my neighbor? (Hmmmm, I think I read that question in some book....)
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2019, 04:26 PM
    Your entire screed was on what's wrong with the black community. I just jumped off that.
    Fair point. As I said, I was responding to institutional racism. Of course many of the problems I cited afflict the country as a whole and not just the black community, but that is where the conversation was.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2019, 05:58 PM

Is there institutional racism? No doubt there is still some, but compared to the problems listed above they are not worth talking about. You want to see any population group make progress? Honor the family, honor education, and commit to working hard. It is practically a miracle to see the results that can bring.
    At the risk of being called racist, you have noted the high crime rate, etc, among the black population, but such statistics are not confined to the american black population, they are observed among black populations of various ethnicity in various places where they are a minority population. So, two observations; perhaps the eminent researcher who concluded that black persons are not as smart might be right, it might be genetic. Two; the victim mentality and the poverty trap. These people see themselves as victims and dispossessed, therefore their problems are always the fault of someoneelse not themselves, not their lifestyle, and not their responses
    Expert

Jan 23, 2019, 06:35 PM

Follow your leader!
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2019, 06:47 PM
    These people see themselves as victims and dispossessed, therefore their problems are always the fault of someoneelse not themselves, not their lifestyle, and not their responses.
    I don't see it as racial, but it is likely true that when people are allowed, or even encouraged, to see themselves as victims, then their problems automatically become the fault of others. That's why I hate seeing this emphasis on institutional racism. It makes a big deal out of a small deal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

New Mexico estate question for who gets paid first [ 22 Answers ]

My mother passed away in September 2013. She had a home with a mortgage, no medical bills, TONS of "stuff" (I would have to call it hoarding), 2 credit card bills (one very small, one about $1700). I have a brother and there was a will. She willed everything to us to split evenly. I am the...

The western border of tanzania is defines by a ________ and the northern border is __ [ 2 Answers ]

The western border of tanzania is defines by a ________ and the northern border is ______. A) natural boundary, man made. B) river, the ocean. C)lake, a natural boundary. D)river, a line of longitude.

View more questions Search