Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    acicomp Posts: 81, Reputation: 9

Apr 21, 2007, 05:05 PM
    Rocker Arm Bolt Stripped
    I have a B&S 14.5 OHV and the rocker arm bolt is stripped. Does anyone know what size the thread are that go into the cylinder head? I am hopefully going to try and match a helicoil and retap the threads. Dang aluminum! Thanks in advance! If you have any other suggestion I could try, it would also be appreciated. JB Weld wouldn't hold.
    acicomp Posts: 81, Reputation: 9

Apr 23, 2007, 11:51 AM
    If you ever have this problem... The best answer is to use a helicoil kit. The proper size should be 1/4 X 20. It worked flawless and the mower is back up and running strong.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

B&S Rocker Arm Adjustment [ 1 Answers ]

I have the specs for clearance on my OHV system. It is a Briggs and Stratton 14.5 OHV I/C motor. I am trying to get the rocker arms adjusted properly. I have never done this with the type nuts that we have on here. In the middle of the nut, there is a setscrew used for the adjustment. Could someone...

15HP OHV Briggs - Rocker Arm Question [ 3 Answers ]

Greetings, I have a 15HP OHV Briggs engine on a Craftsman Lawn Tractor that was purchased in 1994. Recently the rocker arm stud backed out on the exhaust valve, I assume from years of vibration. I removed both studs and put loc-tite on them and reinstalled. My concern is that the rocker arms...

Foundation j bolt retrofit [ 4 Answers ]

House has never had any tie down j bolts on The mud sill. However concrete blocks are hollow and usually They fill down two blocks with mortar and place the J bolt in the wet mortar poking up through holes You bore in the mud sill. Can I cut out the face of the block on one web, Put the j...

View more questions Search