Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2018, 09:03 AM
    Air in well water
    I had this problem, and I'm just posting this in case someone else finds it useful. We had a LOT of water spitting from garden hoses. It seemed only to do it when the pump cut on, so that was worrisome. Found out, however, that the culprit was our filter. It is one that had air at the top of the cylinder to oxidize iron and make it filterable. Some of that air was moving backwards and getting into the line going to outside spigots. I put a checkvalve in the line leading to the filter and problem solved. What a relief. I was afraid we were looking at a new well.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Aug 19, 2018, 09:36 AM
    Great info. John! Thanks for posting!
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2018, 11:35 AM
    You are welcome. I figure if anyone does a search for this, it might help them. I was really concerned we might be looking at a new well, but it just strikes me as pretty hard for water to get into a well pipe without that same joint leaking water when the pump cuts on. So I contacted the filter company and they suggested this. Might add that this filter is a miracle worker for iron.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tap water smelling foul, found dead lizard water tank, we have been using same water [ 1 Answers ]

Tap water smelt foul in the house, the smell was faint and we kept using the water for a week for drinking, cooking and bathing. When the smell became discernible we got the water tank cleaned and found a dead garden lizard in it.Water tank cleaned with bleaching powder As yet feel no symptoms...

No hot water pressure/hot water after turning main water off/on and draining water [ 5 Answers ]

I turned the main water off to our home to remove our water softener and ran the water in the kitchen and both bathrooms until no water came out. Now there is no hot water pressure or hot water at all sinks after turning the main water back on, but there is normal cold water and cold water...

Rheem water heater is leaking water from bottom of tank. I need to shut the water of [ 2 Answers ]

How do I shut off the water to my Rheem hot water tank. 40 gallon model # 21IR40DV

Daylight basement water leak, cause by broken water pipe or saturated ground water? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 6 units 3 stories with daylight basement apartment. Build in 1960. Just bought it few months ago. Last year the previous owner had a bad flood in the daylight basement after long period of rain. They cleaned out the area, remodel it. Good for few months, last couple of weeks rain long...

View more questions Search