Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joinme4coffee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2007, 06:29 AM
    Kitchen faucet making funny noise
    I just had a new faucet installed, a Price Pfister H34-3N. A few days after installation, it is now making sort of a whistling sound and I can feel vibration of the faucet body. Can this be fixed easily or do I have to call the plumber back out?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 23, 2007, 06:44 AM
    Sounds in a faucet are caused by something loose vibrating against something. Call the plumber back and insist he find and repair it. By the way, it would seem that you're not the only one unhappy with this faucet. When I was attempting to download a diagram of your faucet I ran across this complaint on the same faucet. Read on. Good luck, Tom

Quality is not job 1, April 5, 2006
    Reviewer: Deke (in Philly) - See all my reviews
    Okay, I gave PP a chance, but after a week, no reply from their customer service department. Nice! I purchased this unit here online and thought it would be a great replacement faucet for our kitchen. Well, right off the bat the handle is quite loose and has a lot of play. Heck, the 20 year old Delta it replaced was tighter and more solid! In addition, it makes a nice little thump sound every time you turn on the water. I actually went to the home center to see if I could buy some replacement parts to fix it up (yes, buying parts for a brand new faucet!! ) and the man at the home center (one of the biggies) said to me (in so many words), "Oh, all Price Pfisters are like that. Loose and sloppy handles. Don't ever buy a Price Pfister for the kitchen..." Well, I promise to take his advice from now on. He recommended Moehn or Delta if you were going for something under $300. As for me, well I am quite pfissed off!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 23, 2007, 06:48 AM
    I have not installed this particular model but know it is a single handle three hole application. The valve cartridge may not be seated properly and you could take it apart but why. If the plumber installed it days ago I'm pretty sure he'd come back and take care of it for you. Good plumbers and installers want their work to be right so save yourself the trouble and give him a call.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loud noise at kitchen faucet when using hot and cold [ 1 Answers ]

I had to have my kitchen faucet replaced once before ,the noise stopped for awhile and now it is back again. Had my water softner repaired outside and now the noise coming out of kitchen faucet is worse . It's a loud deep noise is all I can describe about it.It does not matter if I use hot or cold...

Gas water heater making funny noises [ 1 Answers ]

I have a sprinkler problem in the front yard that has made it necessary to turn off the supply to the house. SInce I did that, the gas water heater has started t make squeaking noises. What, if anything should I do?

Pipes Making Noise [ 30 Answers ]

I have read some other posts on this forum and have some ideas. However, I will try to be more specific. About every 5-10 minutes there is a clunking noise under our house. Our house was built in 1991 (I think), is a large rambler (3400sqft), and I have total access underneath it. This noise,...

Ac Making Loud Noise [ 1 Answers ]

My AC makes a loud noise when cycling. Also it never gets any cooler than 75. Could this be my compressor? How hard is this to fix yourself?

View more questions Search