Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    collegian Posts: 57, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2018, 02:59 PM
    MO tax amendment line 43-45?
    Hello,

I am trying to amend my 2017 MO state tax as a result of amending my federal tax due to ESPP sale of stock. I am using a fillable calculating copy.

On line 43 of MO-1040, it asks me the amount paid on the original return. Does this mean line 42 of the original MO-1040?

What are lines 44 and 45? When to add on line 45 and when to subtract? I am not sure how it is calculating the value on line 45 but I can't seem to modify it?

The fillable calculating copy works fine if I don't fill lines 43-45 and simply correct the Federal adjusted gross income on line 1 (from the 1040 X) and tax on line 13 but I don't think that's the right way of doing it.

Please advise.

Thanks
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jun 22, 2018, 03:46 PM
    On your question for Line #43, you enter whatever you paid towards your tax liability when you filed the return, which means:
    - Any payment made when the original return was filed
    - Any penalties and interest you may have made

Line 44 is any refund your received when you originally filed.

Either Line 43 or Line 44 is BLANK.

Line 45 is the result of either:

- Adding line 43 and line 42

OR

-Subtracting Line 44 from Line 42.

Jun 22, 2018, 05:09 PM
    Gotcha, thanks!

Jun 23, 2018, 08:44 AM
    MO instructions mention to attach all schedules along with a copy of federal changes and your federal form 1040 X needed to mail the MO amended form. Do you know what is meant by copy of federal changes?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jun 23, 2018, 12:42 PM
    If you filed Form 1040X for the IRS, send that along with the Schedule D.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The 4th Amendment [ 14 Answers ]

Hello: Today, a federal judge struck down, as UNCONSTITUTIONAL, the law that required Florida to drug test ALL its applicants for welfare. Who, among our right wing friends, EVER thought this was Constitutional??? Tuesday’s decision stemmed from a 2011 suit filed Luis W. Lebron, a Navy...

Tax amendment [ 1 Answers ]

How do I find out about receiving a amended tax return. I amended a 2006 return and sent it out in late April. Now it's July. When do I receive this return?

How can I check the status of my tax amendment? Thanks..

My daughter filed her 2006 1040A and sent it to the IRS on March 7, 2007. She is expecting a return. On March 9, 2007 she received a 1099-MISC with only Box 7 completed. I have been told by the IRS she will need to file an amendment after she receives her return. The IRS said she will need...

View more questions Search