Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    minibike6969 Posts: 78, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2018, 06:58 AM
    Kick start engine
    Hi does a kick start engine need to have a starter relay solinoid ?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2018, 08:45 AM
    No you don't need it on a kickstart only engine... the starter relay solenoid is there to allow a small switch to use a small current to switch a much larger on to the starter motor, therefor no starter motor, no need for a starter relay solenoid. A solenoid IS a relay by definition.
    minibike6969 Posts: 78, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2018, 05:39 PM
    OK thanks
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2018, 07:57 PM
    My Yamaha doesn't have one! Jump on it and it starts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to kick start my metabolism [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, just wondering if anyone has any sure fire ways to kick start metabolism. I am drinking the recommended water, exercising and eating correctly. Just getting frustrated with it now. I did lose weight on limming world but want to do it with a good diet and exercise this time. Thank you

Ford f350 diesel Engine will not start cold, smoke leaks from the engine, fuel gage [ 2 Answers ]

Three Problems: 1. Engine will not start cold 2. Smokes leak out from top of the engine near the spark plug/glow plug (front of the engine) 4. Front gas tank gas indicator only shows empty, even if it is full. I recently bought a 83 Ford F350 Diesel Truck (dually) It was hard to cold start,...

Kick back on a intec briggs engine [ 3 Answers ]

I have a briggs and stratton intec 206 horizontal engine . The model # is 121432 . The engine is on my wood splitter it would always start very good on one or two pulls. Now when u try to start it it kicks back and ripps the cord out of your fingers or will haul your shoulder out of joint any...

99 honda civic, engine light blinking, engine start jumping. [ 4 Answers ]

When I was driving home, my car start shaking, then I stopped and turn the engine off. When I started back up, the engine still little jumpy and the engine light start blinking. Did any body knows what's going on? Please help. Thanks

Cannot kick start the scooter [ 2 Answers ]

I ve piaggio libert 150, Its battrey gets flat very quickly and the kick start doesn't work either unless the battrey is working(i.e button start working).. battery can be replaced but I don't understand y kick start doen't work without battery being functional.. Reply... I work for Pizza...

View more questions Search