Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smscott1992 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2018, 10:14 AM
    1998 honda civic will not start even when trying to jumpstart
    My 1998 Honda civic motor stopped running while I was going 60mph on the highway. Since I have not been able to get it started. The battery does not stay charged and I hear a clicking noise coming from the dash on the passenger side. I have replaced the starter, spark plugs and wires, battery cables, used starting fluid, replaced the thermal plug, checked and replaced all of the fuses under the hood and dash, I have cleaned all the electronic components under the hood and I have tried to jumpstart the car as well. Nothing is getting it started and I don't see what I could be missing. I now hear a clicking noise coming from the dash on the passenger side when I turn the ignition and try to start the car
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2018, 12:44 PM
    Have you done the first thing you should have done? Check for codes?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honda Civic (1998) will not start [ 8 Answers ]

Car always immediately started - no problems ever. Got in and started engine put it in reverse and did not give the engine enough gas stalling the engine. Tried to restart the engine and it turns over no problem but no sputter at all. Plugged in OBD reader and there are no error codes. I need...

1998 honda civic won't start [ 3 Answers ]

Replaced crank sensor and whole distibutor the just turns over and doesn't start I can smells like gas

1998 honda civic EX won't start [ 3 Answers ]

My 98 honda civic EX won't start... it cranks fine but the gauge cluster doesn't light up, so it means no power to the fuel pump power windows etc. I changed the main relay and it started and drove around fine but the next day, it wouldn't start again... I changed the relay once again but this time...

1998 Honda Civic will not start [ 3 Answers ]

My 1998 Honda Civic will not start. The engine will crank but never turn over. I have checked fuses, Main relay and performed the k test on the ecm. A friend came over with a reader and received P1297(Electrical Load Detector (ELD) Circuit Low Input). I tried to follow the steps in the service...

1998 Honda Civic will not start [ 3 Answers ]

1998 Honda Civic DX 1.6L 4-cylinder Automatic transmission 160,509 miles 1. When this problem first began, the engine would crank, but would not start, until I quit turning the ignition key. In other words, crank crank crank for a minute or less, quit turning ignition key, car then starts....

View more questions Search