Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karenstanford Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2018, 10:21 AM
    CPA file business return under wrong EIN Number
    Took over new client and the last 2 years the CPA filed 1120S under wrong EIN number - first off don't know how - second how do you correct if the IRS doesn't send letters?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 16, 2018, 10:48 AM
    Personally, I would amend the Form 1120S returns with the correct EIN, to get the records straight if for no other reason.

You can also go over the 2015 and 2016 returns with a fine-tooth comb and make any corrections you deemed necessary.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I file an amended Ohio tax return for wrong w2 information? [ 1 Answers ]

I e-filed my Ohio state taxes and the federal adjusted gross income from my federal return which is what my taxes are figured from is the right amount. I have multiple w2's to add up to that gross amount. When listing each w2 separately, I wrote a wrong number on one of them which makes the 3 add...

If you file separately on federal return, can you file joint on state return [ 2 Answers ]

We filed separate on federal return . Question is can we file joint on our state return or not >?

Regarding File Return and ITIN number [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I asked following question "I am on H1B visa. I came to USA in Feb'08 along with my wife, she came here on H4B visa. In my pay stub my marital status is coming as married that is correct. My question is that still I haven't applied for Individual Tax Identification Number(ITIN) for my...

File W-7 form without tax return and why to file as a resident alien? [ 1 Answers ]

I came to USA in August 2004 on F1 Visa. I graduated and change status to H1b visa from October 2007. Now, I got married and my hasband came to USA on January 2008 on H4 visa. I have my brothers whom I can claim as they have green card and not earning anything. I will have to wait till May 2008...

If I register for a business number in Canada and provide my social Insurance number. [ 1 Answers ]

If I register for a business number in Canada and provide my social Insurance number.. ... will my SIN always be "connected" with my business? In other words, as far as Canada REvenue is concerned are they 2 different entities? I want to apply for Bus # for a sole propriatorship

View more questions Search