Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dsilvanu Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2018, 03:15 PM
    Round Brass L'Angelus Medal
    I have a round brass L'Angelus medal with a design on the outside rim of the circle.

How old is it? Is it vintage? Is brass unusual for medals? I know of silver, gold and plastic medals but do not have brass in my collection of medals.

Hoping to hear an answer. Thanks.
    Attached Images

joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 6, 2018, 05:47 AM
    Are you sure it's brass? I'm not.
    Doesn't look very old. You are free to call it vintage. Vintage is a vague and somewhat meaningless word for any object that doesn't qualify to be antique.
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2018, 08:27 AM
    The color looks more like bronze than brass.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2018, 10:08 AM
    The title would indicate a French design. I would also guess bronze, brass is more yellow. Google "bronze medal l'angelus". Quite a few examples
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 6, 2018, 11:20 AM
    I don't think it's brass or bronze. I think it's a cheap pot metal with a bronze color glaze.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I fix my 24 foot round pool that is out if round on opposite sides [ 0 Answers ]

My pool is 24 ft round,but is now 24 from side to side,but on other end to end is 2-3 inches wider. Outing allot of stress on liner,and has torn it. Do I need to pull apart wall and fix frame? I've cut foam and added to deeper parts of wall,still seems it may need more adjustments?

How can I get medal from Askmehelpdesk.com? [ 1 Answers ]

Because I wondering to know.

Can I replace swim pool botom rail from 24 ft round with 21 ft round pool rails? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 24 ft round pool & bottom rails R rusted through , Can I use the bottom rails from a 21 ft round pool to replace the bad ones ? Thanks

I want to fill brass between iron slot to joint the brass and iron [ 0 Answers ]

I want to make magchuck ring so I make few slots in iron ring od and want to fill these slots with brass and then I remove the balance iron remain in id then there will be joints of iron and brass as ring.

Looking for the history of a Medal [ 2 Answers ]

I have been given a medal by a friend who says he foud it 25 years ago , the medal bears the words ASLYUM GENETIS BATAVORUM STAD TIEL with a scene of a town ,which I now know to be the town of Tiel in holland ,on one side and the words Awarded by the municipal council of Tiel , plus the Tiel coat...

View more questions Search