Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donramon1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2017, 05:57 AM
    Exhaust
    What diameter is the riser for a stove exhaust?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2017, 02:30 PM
    Vent fan? Not sure what stove exhaust is. Wood stove? Please clarify. My exhaust fan on my range vent hood is 6" if that helps.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2017, 03:11 PM
    If it's a wood stove I believe those ALL have to be higher than the highest point of the roof. The exact amount above it I think is an issue for local building ordinances.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 7, 2017, 03:22 PM
    My wood stove has a 6" which is standard.

It needs to be a minimum of 10' tall from stove to top end. More is better, preferably 13-15'.

The top must extend at least 2 feet above the peak of the roof, if the pipe is within 10 feet of the peak. If the pipe is farther than 10 feet from the roof peak, it must be 2 feet above the highest point of the roof that is within 10 feet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Did something get in my exhaust? [ 1 Answers ]

I recently installed a new distributor on my 2001 Nissan Xterra (V-6, 230,000 miles, auto) got the timing pretty close. I got it fired up and noticed there was a lot of smoke pouring out from the rear wheel area and nothing coming out of the exhaust tip it self. I set the timing took it for a...

Can bathroom exhaust be fed into furnace exhaust [ 1 Answers ]

Can I put the exhaust from a bathroom ceiling vent into the furnace vent which is vented out the roof? It is a second story bathroom and it seems there is a furnace duct running along side the bathtub toward the ceiling. Not sure intake or outgoing? G

Oil out the exhaust [ 2 Answers ]

I have a briggs & stratton 14hp model 287707, it is blowing oil out the exhaust. What is causing this and what do I have to do to fix it.

How to convert standard exhaust to forced exhaust [ 4 Answers ]

I have an 80% efficiant forced air furance in good woorking condition and wood like to change from b vent exhaust to a pvc forced air exhaust

View more questions Search