Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ramblinrose5256 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2005, 11:31 AM
    Dogwood Trees
    I had some Pink Dogwood trees. They are now White.What do I need to do to bring back my pink ? Thank You
    Ramblinrose Texas :eek:
    MAcybervikki Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2005, 11:10 AM
    Maybe add chromium?
    If dogwoods are anything like hydrangea, you may need to add some chromium to your soil to get good colour. My dad used to say he buried an old chrome bumper from a 1950's sedan under the hydrangea at our house to get them to be so gorgeous in summer. Just a thought...
    moongrl Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2005, 10:34 AM
    Pink dogwoods turning white
    Hello,
    There are two possibilities for why your dogwoods have turned white. The first would be that it needs an application of nitrogen, however the second is the most likely. Pink dogwoods are grafted to a hardy rootstock so they can survive in colder temperatures, much like roses and fruit trees. I am asuming you reside in a colder climate where you have encountered severe weather which has killed the top and left the inferior understock. It is easy to tell if you still have any pink dogwood left. Examine that bottom portion of the trunk for the graft, it will appear to be a "growth" but if you look closer you can clearly see where the two trees meet. If you have any viable pink dogwood it will come from above this graft. If the growth is coming from below this graft, then all you have left is rootstock growth. This means that the pink dogwood part of the plant has died, therefore you will never get a pink flower again. Check it out and see what you got... I hope all is well and keep on growin'

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Walnut trees [ 3 Answers ]

We have eight walnut trees in our yard and is there a way that we are able to control the propagation of nuts on the trees and is the wood from the trees worth any thing?

Peach Trees [ 1 Answers ]

I live in western Colorado and have a small 40 tree orchard. I have two standard Elberta peach trees that are 16 years old and I am going to pull. I want to replace them with a peach tree that ripens about the same time or a little later, but has good color. The Elberta ripens here about the...

Trees in lawn [ 2 Answers ]

"In my area of michigan spring time bring about an avalanche of those twirling tree seeds that fall everywhere. I just put in a new lawn from seed and the tree seeds fell in the yard as well. Naturally I could not rake them out without disturbing the new seed. Now I have tiny tree saplings growing...

Dogwood tree [ 1 Answers ]

My dogwood tree never has many blooms on it. Is it lacking fertilizer of some kind?

Maple trees: [ 2 Answers ]

We live in OK. And just recently moved and the home we bought has maple trees, variety I am unsure of. This whole housing addition is full of maple trees. Our problem is we are elderly and thought when we left the oak trees behind we would not be cleaning gutters & raking the yard constantly. My...

View more questions Search