Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heartyangelgirl Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Nov 15, 2017, 06:22 PM
    I want to break traditional ideas about having an Instagram
    I'm going to be honest and admit that I don't like what people's Instagram pages seem to represent these days. I obviously can't say this for all people as I can't possibly know everyone's motives behind their daily posting but I feel that with a lot of people, there's too much emphasis on personal successes and achievements designed to make their lives seem better and above everyone else's. And with that said, I want to be one, if not the first, of those people to divert from traditional ideas about what having a presence on Instagram is all about. Instead of pursuing the art of posting pictures for selfish purposes, I want to put the glamour back into concepts of kindness, humility, selflessness and appreciation for other people's intrinsic worth and value and give the purpose of having an Instagram account a whole new meaning. The question is, how does one actually go about doing this? How do you create a sequence of images that promote these ideas without seeming hypocritical? Any tips?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 15, 2017, 06:46 PM
    Memes. Tons of memes and gifs that boost people up, give people hope, show people kindness. Either that or take photos yourself. Sadly I don't think many people will care on instagram, since it's about sharing pictures more than it is about sharing inspirational messages, and sadly Facebook is already doing this very well so you may have missed the boat.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 16, 2017, 05:45 AM
    Express yourself your own way then if the traditions, and practices you see fall short. What's stopping you from doing your own thing your way?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 16, 2017, 08:36 AM
    I'm going to be honest and say this is just not a new idea, sorry. But knock yourself out.
    I happen to like personal tales that have a universal message, sort of a throw back to the folk tale.
    I do NOT like pithy aphorisms telling me in some vaguely spiritual and ethereal sounding way how to run my life, or how to solve life's problems.
    I always say ''I want to meet that person to see how they get through life's tribulations!''
    Then I get a good laugh out of the visual of that person, plodding along like the rest of us.

(PS - I'm never on instagram. On Facebook a lot. Same in many ways, I'll bet.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Instagram Help! [ 1 Answers ]

So there is a stalker stalking me on Instagram. I blocked them, and made my profile private, but they are still messaging me and I don't know but I think they are still seeing my photos I post. What do I do?

Instagram Photos not showing up in its album in Instagram [ 0 Answers ]

When photos are uploaded through Instagram it is showed in Facebook Instagram photo album. But when new photos are added through Facebook to that Instagram Photo album it does not shown up on opening Instagram and its album. Can anyone explain how it happens?

Instagram [ 8 Answers ]

How do I ask My Overprotective mom for an instagram account?

View more questions Search