Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ThatOnePerson11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2017, 11:18 PM
    How Do I live with my Mom
    I want to live with my Mom , I currently live with my Dad. They Have Joint Custodiy. I asked my dad last year if I could live with my mom and he said no. What Can I do? Can I go to Court? Also What is the legal age to go to court about this? How do I tell my Dad I want to go to Court? Please Help.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2017, 05:02 AM
    Do you have your own money to pay the court and lawyer fees? It isn't free, and it isn't cheap, This is not a decision YOU simply get to make on your own. At a certain age they may ASK you which you prefer during a hearing but its non binding.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 25, 2017, 06:22 AM
    How old are you, and are you male or female? How often do you visit your mom? Have you ever talked to your mom about living with her? What are your reasons for not living with your dad? NO you cannot go to court without permission of your parents, and if things are that bad with your dad, then Child Services conducts an investigation, and they would have to be REALLY bad for you to be removed from your dad's custody, and put with your mom, or someone else.

So please answer the questions I have asked, because the information you give would be the same ones a court would ask you. I suppose that every kid would want to live with one parent or another for whatever reasons, but it's really up to the parents and the agreement they have between them, so the questions I asked are really important for some good informed suggestions.

Otherwise the answer to your question is it's up to your parents who you live with and not the courts. They seem to be on the same page about that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend and I do not live together she bought me a house to live in,any rights? [ 4 Answers ]

My Girl friend who is well off bought me a house to live in Michigan, She lives in her own house in Florida. We have never co-habitated. She now is threatening me to get out of her house. Do I have any rights in that she bought it specifically for me, told people that? My name is not on the deed. ...

I live in FL and my 15 year old niece wants to live with me her parents are separated [ 1 Answers ]

We all in the state of FL, my brother and his wife have separated, not legaly but he has moved out 13 months ago, the mother who is 47 now has a 32 year old boyfriend who spends som noghts at her apt. My brother an his wife cannot speak to one another without there being an argument. My 15 year old...

Totally free live major league baseball games live online [ 0 Answers ]

I'm looking for totally free, no hidden costs, no gimmicks, no free trial only, no virus or malware, proven reliable online feeds for live major league baseball games. I just want to go to the site, click on the game I want to watch and simply watch the game. This is so much harder to find than it...

View more questions Search