Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2017, 04:10 PM
    Don't you just love it when the strategy works?
    Yassmin Abdel-Magied felt ‘betrayed by Australia’

One big mouthed Muslim has moved on, now what do we have to do to convince the rest of them to do the same. You see there are times when it is OK to criticise, and there are times when it's not, but when backatyou kicks in, you have to be prepared to take it. Yassmin has been a pain in the backside for a while, telling us how fair islam is to islamic women when we know it isn't, and how great shariia is, and telling us on the holiest day of the Aussie calendar that we have to be mindful of illegal immigrants (muslims) we have locked up for breaking our laws, there were 364 days on which she could have given that message but she chose to betray her chosen country by grandstanding on a day devoted to remembering sacrifice.

I wonder if her message will get any traction in the UK or will it be another case of bad timing
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2017, 01:52 PM
    What did she do that was so dispicable . I can't find anything . Did she behead someone ? We have plenty people who's rhetoric can be a thorn in the side .I just as soon let them speak.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2017, 02:21 PM
    Tom on Anzac Day, don't know your equivalent, but it is a day where we look back to the service veterans have given us and commemorate their service and deaths. This is a time when we are looking at the centenary of some of the greatest losses of WWI, my own grandfather fell on the 28 May 1917, and she made a post saying we should remember muslims. This is a person who claimed be to assimilated and a citizen, obviously was nothing more than an opiniated smart mouth, but she triggered a backlash that got her fired from the ABC, the state broadcaster, and has the government reviewing the requirements for citizenship. We take these things very seriously here, in WWI there would have hardly been a family who wasn't touched, and even though we are a hundred years on, this is important.

If you follow the link I provided it will give you something, this isn't a matter of free speech, this is a matter of a straight out deliberate insult. The words lest we forget are directly associated with rememberence of the fallen. Follow the link Ms Abdel-Magied revealed she had struggled with the backlash. in the article and you will see some of the facebook entries. When the Ode https://www.army.gov.au/our-history/traditions/the-ode is recited it is answered by Lest we Forget. The words she used are part of the service of rememberence. a desecration

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What can be a marketing strategy for the following [ 1 Answers ]

A)A radically new design for a toothbrush B)A new industrial stapling machine C)A new wonder drug D)A new fishing reel

How do international marketing strategy differ from the national strategy? [ 4 Answers ]

Goodmorning every one , I have 3 questions and I need an answer asap this is my first question How do international marketing strategy differ from the national strategy? I need a full explanation . Thanks in advance :) Kindest Regards ,

Strategy rpg [ 8 Answers ]

Anyone know any good games like Final Fantasy Tactics, and Disgaea (and their sequels) that I could play? On any system. I like the isometric views and grid based movement/combat. I like the games with lots of classes or skills or extra stuff to do post game. I am thinking of getting Spectral...

View more questions Search