Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2017, 11:49 AM
    Trump's Latest - Possibly the scariest of all to date.
    Trump wants to "privatize" the war in Afghanistan.

This brainchild of Steve Bannon, the nuttiest of the nutcases, and son-in-law Jared Kushner would essentially mean the president of the United States would now have his own army.

Comparisons to Hitler, so far avoidable, are now unavoidable. Hitler created a private bodyguard which developed into his private army known to history as the SS which eventually challenged the regular army Wehrmacht in size and influence. No need to review the atrocities committed by the SS in Poland and Russia during WW2.

Heading this army would be Eric Prince, the brother of Janet DeVos, Secretary of Education.

After only six months in office (about on a par with Hitler's actions in his first six months in power) Trump's tendencies toward dictatorship are becoming more and more apparent. They scoffed at Hitler too, thinking the "establishment" (read today's Republican leadership) could contain him, only tolerating him to advance the policies of the right-wing elites (true of Germany then and the US today).

Scary? You bet!!

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2017, 01:33 PM
    No.. only the lunatic fringe on the left thinks it is anything at all.. the rest of us know its Trump Acceptance Resistance Disorder hysteria. A condition that can be treated with medication and therapy, and in extreme cases..institutionalization.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2017, 03:27 PM
    institutionalization.
    You are right smoothy, anyone who agrees that Dump should have his own army, no matter where it is operating, should be institutionalised
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2017, 04:50 PM
    The Constitution in Art 1 Sec 8 clause 2 gives Congress the power to grant letters of Marquis . We can privatize the war in Afghanistan and probably should ;but only by Congressional authority . Bannon for all his faults is closer to right in Afghanistan than the Generals advising Trump. Given the Generals options we will have yet another surge of troops into the country that will be insufficient to influence the outcome. This is not a private army . It is using private firms to train the Afghan Army instead of using US troops .
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2017, 03:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    The Constitution in Art 1 Sec 8 clause 2 gives Congress the power to grant letters of Marquis . We can privatize the war in Afghanistan and probably should ;but only by Congressional authority . Bannon for all his faults is closer to right in Afghanistan than the Generals advising Trump. Given the Generals options we will have yet another surge of troops into the country that will be insufficient to influence the outcome. This is not a private army . It is using private firms to train the Afghan Army instead of using US troops .
    OK so Steven Seagal will get a real job, we will see how much true justice he hands out
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2017, 01:30 PM
    Don't be silly . Modern militaries have not been 100 % jobs performed by enlisted personel for a long time now. The use of PMC precedes Trump ;and don't fool yourself...the Aussies make plenty use of PMC .(example ,Aussie's Unity Resources Group ) .
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2017, 02:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Don't be silly . Modern militaries have not been 100 % jobs performed by enlisted personel for a long time now. The use of PMC precedes Trump ;and don't fool yourself...the Aussies make plenty use of PMC .(example ,Aussie's Unity Resources Group ) .
    No Tom I think turning Steven Seagul loose on the Taliban would be a good idea, advanced combat is what is needed. I certainly don't think Dump should have a private army, but an army of elite forces within the US military with the gloves off might get the job done. You cannot fight a war with one hand tied behind your back. The Afghan army doesn't have the heart for the fight because they know when the americans leave they will all be stood against the wall, I would say put a large bounty on all foreign fighters and leave

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump's latest mental confusion about what the truth is. [ 87 Answers ]

This is only the latest in a long series. Yesterday, Trump could no longer place any trust in his National Security Advisor, so he fired him - Michael Flynn. This is Flynn's second dismissal by a sitting president. Today, Trump said Flynn is a "wonderful man" and blamed his dismissal by...

When was the latest date that a federal budget was ever passed? [ 2 Answers ]

When was the latest date that Congress passed a federal budget?

Latest up date of stem cell spine? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello sir, I am apatient of spinal cord& my age is 29 years . 3&1/2 years before I got fracture in my spinal cord(t-12 & L-1).after that I got an operission from P.G.I chandigarh but there is no improvement till now ,I am not able to move my legs I don't have any sensation below my...

Need help finding Date and possibly a price on an Old Brother Sewing Machine! [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Brother Sewing Machine Model 230 Galaxie. On the Motor is imprinted 491667 j-ro. It was Made in japan. The serial number is BZ 730003 and what looked like a J- then A1. It is a metal sewing machine and very heavy. When I bought it, it was in a sewing cabinet and still is. Also I looked on...

Macro to select the latest date [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a excel sheet with 6 sheets (1,2,3,4,5,6). The macro for the excel sheet would select all the rows with status 'In Progress' in column P across all the sheets and will send out an email. There are two problems I am facing here: 1. When an email is created the rows for each sheet...

View more questions Search