Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2017, 10:14 AM
    Trump's Jekyl and Hyde
    During the campaign in July, Trump praised FBI Director Comey to the heavens.

Yesterday, Trump fired Comey.

Both the praise and the firing were done for THE EXACT SAME REASONS. This little incongruity seems to have completely escaped Trump.

Also, in his letter firing Comey, Trump incriminated himself as being the target of the FBI investigation and then in the same sentance FIRED THE HEAD OF THAT VERY INVESTIGATION.

No, you can't make this stuff up, folks. Just another example of the unbalanced mental condition of Trump.

It's time for an independent Special Prosecutor OR impeachment. Either will do.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 10, 2017, 11:18 AM
    I'm glad Comey got dumped, but anyone who thinks this wasn't to slow down the Russian hacking investigation is crazy. It also send another message that you better do what The Boss says or you will get fired too!

Regardless dems better figure out what to do, and how to do it, because the repubs roll on. Wonder what flunky they get to fill Comey's shoes?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2017, 04:20 PM
    dems Jekyl and Hyde...for months all I have heard is Dems demanding Comey resign .Yesterday they said his firing was a coup. The guy was an incompetent boob .Surely we can agree he had to go . If Evita was elected ,Comey would've been dismissed January 20.

Why do I think he had to go ?
    Before he bombed the Boston Marathon, the FBI interviewed Tamerlan Tsaranaev but let him go. Russia sent a second warning, but the FBI opted against investigating him again.

The FBI under his watch routinely did data mining of innocent Americans .

The FBI had emails of the Fort Hood murderer Nidal Hasan saying he wanted to kill his fellow soldiers to protect the Taliban....but didn't intervene.13 were killed at Fort Hood, 31 were wounded.

The FBI allowed Evita aides immunity and overlooked the fact that they destroyed their laptops .

The FBI had an undercover agent traveling with the Islamists, Elton Simpson and Nadir Soofi. ,who sought to kill Americans attending the "Draw Muhammad" event in Garland, Texas. Even though he knew their plans ,the FBI agent did nothing to intervene ,and the FBI refused to give a reason.

The FBI interviewed for 10 months Omar Mateen (who called Tamerlan Tsarnaev his 'homeboy'), who killed 49 people and wounded 53 more at the Pulse Nightclub in Orlando, Fla. Even though Mateen admitting lying to agents ; the FBI opted against pressing further and closed its case.

Comey time and again let Evita off the hook because in his view there was no "intent" to break the law. That was non-sense and it was not his place to make that judgement .
    When the FBI interviewed Evita he allowed her to testify while not under oath and allowed her personal attorney to be present during the questioning even though Cheryl Mills was also a subject of the investigation.

The nail in his coffin was when he made the claim that thousands of Evita's emails were found in Anthony Weiner's computer . He then had to back track during Senate hearings last week.

Under Comey ,the FBI has stalled Congressional investigations ;slow motion retrieving the records requested by both House and Senate Intelligence Committee's. There's more if I have more time.
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2017, 06:48 PM
    You're missing the point, Tom. The issue is not THAT he fired Comey but HOW he fired him and WHEN. Yes, everybody had an axe to grind with Comey, but Trump blew it BIGLY in his timing. Right after Comey sought more resources to investigate the possible collusion between Trump's men and the Rooskies.

It was getting too hot for cheeseburgerman, so he had to stop the investigation. Nixon tried something similar so let's hope the outcome is the same.

His totally gratuitous inclusion of his statement exonerating himself in the letter he sent to Corey spoke volumes about his lack of savvy and, possibly more to the point, a similar lack among his advisors.

The clock is starting to tick and the only thing preventing it from striking the midnight hour is the absence of testicles among the Republican leadership.
    Expert

May 10, 2017, 07:41 PM
    The issue is not THAT he fired Comey but HOW he fired him and WHEN.
    AGREED! Comey was under investigation from the Inspector General already. What smells is this is the third person fired that was investigating the Trump Boys.

Yates and Bharara, now Comey.
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2017, 08:11 PM
    Yates defied the President's orders about vetting travelers from 7 countries .

Bharara was fired like 46 other prosecutors were fired .Clinton fired 80 when he entered office .The emperor replaced roughly the same number as herr Donald .

Both Yates and James Clapper told the Senate Committee this week that there is no evidence of any Russian -Trump collusion .

I fault Trump with mishandling this non-story and keeping it alive with his ham-handed ways . On that we agree .
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2017, 09:07 PM
    Another storm in a teacup, so what is Dump diverting attention from this time? Perhaps it is his meeting with the Russian Foreign Minister? Or the Palestinians? He appears to have left Kim to the Chinese and will have to defer to Moon about NK/SK relations for the time being.

It is a great pity you allow so many political appointments among public servants
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2017, 10:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Yates defied the President's orders about vetting travelers from 7 countries .
    Yates ruled the orders unconstitutional. She has since been supported by several judges.

Bharara was fired like 46 other prosecutors were fired .Clinton fired 80 when he entered office .The emperor replaced roughly the same number as herr Donald .
    Bharara was specifically asked by Trump to stay on as US Attorney. When asked to resign by AG Sessions, he refused. Sessions then fired him.

Both Yates and James Clapper told the Senate Committee this week that there is no evidence of any Russian -Trump collusion .
    Misleading. They said no evidence that they were at liberty to reveal and emphasized that the investigation continues.
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2017, 04:23 AM
    Yates ruled the orders unconstitutional. She has since been supported by several judges.
    She had no authority to do so . The judges are also wrong btw.
    Bharara was specifically asked by Trump to stay on as US Attorney. When asked to resign by AG Sessions, he refused. Sessions then fired him. [FONT=Arial, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#000000]
    Totally irrelevant point . Trump asked him to stay on as a courtesy to Schmuck Schumer . Then he changed his mind . Totally within his prerogative and power .

Misleading. They said no evidence that they were at liberty to reveal and emphasized that the investigation continues.
    They specifically testified that there was no evidence against Trump . Their nonsense hiding behind alleged 'classified ' information was in regards to Michael Flynn's alleged wrong doing .
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMbQGSWsN_0
    Expert

May 11, 2017, 06:45 AM
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2017, 11:46 AM
    Lol - a picture is worth a thousand words. How true! Kellyanne, Spicer, and now Huckabee''s daughter - all wind-up robot toys.
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2017, 11:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    . She had no authority to do so . The judges are also wrong btw.
    Totally irrelevant point . Trump asked him to stay on as a courtesy to Schmuck Schumer . Then he changed his mind . Totally within his prerogative and power .

They specifically testified that there was no evidence against Trump . Their nonsense hiding behind alleged 'classified ' information was in regards to Michael Flynn's alleged wrong doing .
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMbQGSWsN_0
    She was the acting Attorney General, certainly within her purview to do so. Don't quibble over words. The judges are, well, judges. Perhaps not as learned as you, but still ....................

There was a strong possibility Bharara was looking into money laundering from Russian plutocrats via Trump businesses. Trump stopped that possibility by having Sessions fire him.

Today (May 12) Clapper went on record saying - Quote - I have no knowledge of collusion with Russia, OR NOT. I have no knowledge of evidence against Trump OR NOT. Nor should I have. - Unquote. He was dispelling rumors from certain misleading quotes such as you have done above.
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2017, 07:16 AM
    There is no evidence . There is no crime . Collusion can only be criminal in the commission of a crime . Are you saying Trump did a phishing against the DNC computers and gave the emails to WikiLeaks ? What exactly is Trump being accused of ?

The only crime I've seen so far was Evita setting up an unsecure server ,and the emperor's national security team violating the law by unmasking private citizens who's conversations were listened into the intelligence agencies .

You know and I know that this will go nowhere except that it may have the effect of knee-capping herr Donald's agenda ,and it could affect the mid-term elections . That is the only reason the Dems are keeping this nonsense alive .

You haven't even proven that the Russians did the hacking . We are all accepting that fact as a matter of faith in the conclusions of the intelligence agencies .Go ahead and prove that in court before you can even get around to possible collusion.

We all know about how special investigations and special prosecutors go. When they can't prove a crime ,the move on to investigating the process of their investigation .They start looking for inconsistencies in the interview process. They slap some innocent person with perjury charges because their 1st interview with the agency was slightly different from the 4th interview . Then they pat themselves on the back for a job well done.
    Expert

May 13, 2017, 03:06 PM
    If 17 intelligence agencies have high confidence of Russian interference that's good enough for me and until we verify that Trump and his minions have clean hands in this mess let's at least take a good thorough look before say nothing to see here, moving along.

I don't trust a thing out of his mouth, or the repub agenda! The repubs didn't rollover and play dead for Obama, why should the dems for Der Donald?
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2017, 06:36 PM
    Dems doing the same thing they were appalled about during the 1950s
    Expert

May 14, 2017, 03:50 AM
    50's? The 50's dems are repubs now Tom. Didn't you get the memo?
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2017, 01:41 PM
    so you approve of the McCarthyite tactics being employed ? Why don't you call your new 'independent commission ' HUAC ?
    Expert

May 14, 2017, 02:23 PM
    Naw, its AARIM. Americans Against Republicans In the Midterms. That'll take care of Herr Donald and his BS buddies Mitch and Paul. Long shot I know, but what's an ordinary citizen to do?

Please Tom put the snake oil down! Popcone is healthier.
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2017, 02:41 AM
    Naw, its AARIM. Americans Against Republicans In the Midterms
    Yup ,as I said ,this whole thing is a political witch hunt. There are more credible ties to the Russians by the Clintoon machine ...including but not limited to the Podesta brothers and the Clintoon Foundation ties.
    Expert

May 15, 2017, 05:54 AM
    If the dems had been turning out in the midterms like they do in presidential years we would have a more moderating political balance to our governing. Not that I am holding my breath for that to happen, but you have to admit Herr Donald is as good a rally point for the moderates repub or dem as we have had in decades.

Keep running your mouth Donald, you make grid lock in the house and senate look attractive as a way to kibosh the deep red state ideology takeover.

That is the true political witch hunt that's been going on since 2010.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boyfriend like Jekyl & Hyde [ 2 Answers ]

I have been with a man for about two years now, and generally, he is very kind, sensitive and giving. He is divorced and has two teenagers. I am also divorced and have two grade school children. Due to his past relationship problems, he was very hesitant about getting into another relationship. ...

Sex drive mixed with Jekyl and Hyde tempermant causing problems in our marriage [ 11 Answers ]

I have been married to my wife for 13 years and we have had our fair share of relationship problems in the past. What has surfaced recently (but been there all along) is my sex (over) drive. When I don't get it for a while I either get extremely anxious or switch off as a defensive mechanism. ...

Hyde Park [ 5 Answers ]

I have what looks to be an ice bucket that is copper and brass that is stamped on the bottom Hyde Park. It is very old and has some patina on it. Any ideas of its age and worth?

Jeckyl and hyde type comedy [ 1 Answers ]

Where a nerdy scienist turns from nerd into this party sex animal when going through the 1st change it shows him where he gets a gold tooth that says love, grows a coke pinky finger. His butt gets tighter and his package grows. If I remember correctly he meets a girl who works at grocery store. The...

View more questions Search