Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 5, 2017, 05:07 AM
    The Idiot in Chief strikes again!
    Hours after celebrating the House vote to repeal and replace Obamacare, President Donald Trump praised Australia’s universal health-care system as superior to America’s.
    Hours after celebrating the House vote to repeal and replace Obamacare, President Donald Trump praised Australia’s universal health-care system as superior to America’s.

Less than half a day after lauding the abomination the House passed by a hair, Trump admits the Aussies have better healthcare than we do. So the question becomes, if that's true, then why didn't you pattern the replacement for the ACA on the Aussie system? Could it be because it's similar to the system proposed by Bernie Sanders? Or could it be because it would mean Trump and the GOP can't cut taxes on the wealthy (at the expense of the middle and poor) as the plan passed by the House does?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2017, 05:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post

?
    Read it and weep because this could be yours if you had sensible politicians and not idiots with their heads where the sun does not shine. The reality is sometimes things can be done if your seek outcomes and not qudos. In order to have a system like Australia's you have to have a tax system that actually collects money and you have to be not beholden to the insurance industry because here the system is administered by the government who determine the level of benefit for each procedure, yes, doctors can charge more but they have to explain it to the patients and my eye surgeon was at great pains to explain to me recently as to why he wasn't charging the fee recommended by the AMA. And yes I am insured as well and what that does is get me to the head of the que. Dump just abolished a tax on those who don't join here everyone pays a tax levy to be part of the scheme
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 5, 2017, 06:33 AM
    The house didn't care about health care, but they do want those health care dollars to cut rich guy taxes. Trump got his "win" and photo op, he's happy. Obamacare still rules for now, unless the senate can RECONCILE a bill that will pass the house... AGAIN, with JUST repubs.

It was a sham vote by the house to pass the buck.

http://www.nationalmemo.com/house-re...e-senate-kill/

AND

http://www.nationalmemo.com/5-things...e-bill-senate/
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2017, 09:00 AM
    There was nothing to celebrate yesterday . The House passed ' Obamacare 95% ' with very few cosmetic changes . The Senate will now take months writing their own bill . But they can't get anything they propose passed without a super-majority unless they go nuclear with legislation ....that won't happen. So they will propose and pass a fluff bill that moderate Repubics and enough Dems support .Then it will go to conference committee and a final bill that doesn't come close to 'repeal and replace' will be passed and signed by herr Donald .....who will then swear that he made good on a campaign promise. What a joke ! The Dems could not contain their glee . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkuXiy8wClA

Some Trumpsters are beginning to abandon ship .
    http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/20...html#read_more
    Expert

May 5, 2017, 11:40 AM
    I look forward to blasting TRUMPCARE for a few years, hehe, and watching repub gobble-de-goop on TV explaining it.

MO" Popcone please!!
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2017, 03:10 PM
    Can't there just pass it the way they did Obamacare, during recess?
    Expert

May 5, 2017, 03:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Can't there just pass it the way they did Obamacare, during recess?
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patien...008.E2.80.9310
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2017, 08:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Knew that would get a response, Ha Ha Ha
    Expert

May 5, 2017, 08:44 PM
    Good one Clete, Ya got me!

8O
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

May 6, 2017, 12:55 PM
    Ironic how the morons who voted for him are the ones most at risk of losing their health insurance coverage, and yet most will vote for him again just to stick it to so called "liberal elites." Now I know the meaning of that expression cutting off your nose to spite your face.
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2017, 04:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by earl237 View Post
    Ironic how the morons who voted for him are the ones most at risk of losing their health insurance coverage, and yet most will vote for him again just to stick it to so called "liberal elites." Now I know the meaning of that expression cutting off your nose to spite your face.
    When you can't afford something you will vote for the person who will change your circumstance, Obamacare was a myth that didn't advantage the poor just added a burden, Trumpcare may not be any better but they will support him doing what he said he will do
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 6, 2017, 05:16 PM
    they will support him doing what he said he will do
    When will that be? When will he do what he said he will do?
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2017, 05:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    When will that be? When will he do what he said he will do?
    Only Dump knows, when someone has said as much as he has, that day may never come
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 6, 2017, 05:32 PM
    Only Dump knows, when someone has said as much as he has, that day may never come
    "Business plan" is not in his vocabulary.
    Expert

May 6, 2017, 07:39 PM
    He has a business plan, make mo' money! That's what he is doing, what any businessman would do. Repubs will help him make mo' money no doubt, even if they have to take it out of your pocket, and po' folks pockets.

Isn't that what happens when you buy snake oil from a salesman?
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2017, 07:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    "Business plan" is not in his vocabulary.
    Dump probably thought he only had to express a thought and it became law, that his minions would dance to his tune, but in politics everyone has an agenda, and when your only agenda is to become President, build a big wall, lower your own tax burden and make america great again it only sounds like a plan
    Expert

May 6, 2017, 08:26 PM
    Repubs have been saying all along is all they needed was a guy in the White House who could sign his name to the bills they give him, and with all those executive orders he has proved he can do that.
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2017, 07:08 AM
    The Dems know Obamacare is in a death spiral . The Repubic bill repeals Obamacare with Obamacare 95%. Unfortunately ,the only thing they could agree to repeal was the tax part of Obamacare . It would allow that death spiral to continue, and even accelerate the collapse.
    Already there are places in the country where none of the so called exchanges have insurance providers . Next year the State of Tennessee will have no providers for the exchange . Exchanges covering 3 million people are already reduced to one carrier .

Now when that inevitable collapse occurs the Repubics will own it WTG !!

Does it repeal and replace the Medicaid expansion ? It does not . Does it repeal a mandate penalty (oops I mean tax) . Not really . It gives tax credits to help pay for insurance .That means that those who don't will still be subject to a tax penalty . There will still be IRS verifications of income for the purpose of getting insurance .

Bottom line is that partial repeal put the nation on a fast track to single payer coverage . Those who think that is the way the country should go should be praising the Repubic's fumbling attempt . They claim they want free market solutions and then give us more nanny-state .
    Expert

May 7, 2017, 09:56 AM
    Subsidy-as we have it now helps low income people pay for premiums NOW.

Tax credit-You pay for your premiums yourself, and next tax period get a credit for it. Tell that to a family of 4 making $40,000

Call it what it is Tom, a giant deficit tax break for the rich by defunding Medicaid. It shifts the costs to taxpayers, and imposes higher costs. How are the states supposed to fund medicare? Oh that's right governors can WAIVE the insurance protections and put sick people and oldsters into high risk pools so they pay more. Nice plan that republican governors already hate. It's plain cost shifting to pay for rich guy tax breaks.

Nobody is even talking about the waivers that are already in the ACA that remedies many of the shortfalls of the so called exchange collapse,

https://www.statnews.com/2017/03/29/...cans-medicaid/

Repubs have always screwed up a good thing that just needs tweaking. Or in this case somebody to actually read the bill and know what they are reading, and implement common sense adjustments. Repubs are just focused on repeal Obamacare, and give Trump and the rich guys MO' MONEY!

They never care about the deficit when they are in power.
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2017, 10:35 AM

1. Call it what it is Tom, a giant deficit tax break for the rich by defunding Medicaid.
    Medicaid is hardly defunded .In fact ,the Obamacare Medicaid expansion is not defunded under their plan. That is what I would've preferred .Instead, Obamacare 95% “reforms” create incentives for states to expand Medicaid.

That's really what the Dems and the 'moderate ' Repubics want after all....Medicaid for all. The core problem is how to pay for it . We can’t pay for the current Medicare program already even though it is funded through payroll deductions . It’s $35 trillion in the hole. Think you'll find enough greedy billionaires to pay for your freebies ? We borrow $1 million a minute already . Wait until interest rates go up .

1. Subsidy-as we have it now helps low income people pay for premiums NOW.

Tax credit-You pay for your premiums yourself, and next tax period get a credit for it. Tell that to a family of 4 making $40,000
    Wrong .As in previous drafts of the bill, the credits are refundable, meaning that individuals will be eligible for them even if their total tax liability is lower than the amount of the credit. The federal government would pay people, even if their federal tax bill was zero. It's a subsidy. Either way it expands government involvement requiring more Federal employees to administer . The permanent government's wet dream.
    However ,there is no way the Senate will pass this bill as is .Squishy Repubics in the Senate will most likely team up with Democrats and come up with a bill you will secretly love while still publically condemning it because it will be signed by a "Republican" in the oval office.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I feel like an idiot - a very confused idiot. [ 7 Answers ]

I'm in 7th grade, and there's this boy that I've liked since 4th grade. (I know, pathetic, isn't it?) My good friend at the time was absolutely convinced that I liked this other boy, and she wouldn't believe me when I said I didn't. So I told her that I liked this other boy, even though I didn't,...

Three strikes your out [ 4 Answers ]

I have a female in-law that is awaiting trial in Texas for threatening a boyfriend with a knife, she has two previous convictions for similar offenses. Does she stand a chance of going to jail for this offense. She got probation on the previous two, but obviously did not learn any lessons. She also...

Lucky Strikes [ 3 Answers ]

Where could one buy Lucky Strikes? Are they out there anymore?

Little Johnny strikes again [ 4 Answers ]

Little Johnny's neighbors had a baby. Unfortunately the baby, was born without ears. When the mother and new baby came home from the hospital, Johnny's family was invited over to see the baby. Before they left their house, Little Johnny's dad had a talk with him and explained that the baby had no...

Lightning strikes [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: can lightning strike twice in the same place?:confused:

View more questions Search