Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brisa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2007, 09:48 PM
    Pregnant chihuahua dog
    My chihuahua dog is 8 and 1/2 yrs old and got pregnant by a mimituer poddle. Is she in any risk?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2007, 04:39 AM
    I would be afraid of it. You should talk to your vet. Since such accidental breedings often cause injuries, you should have had her examined. At her age, any delivery might be difficult. You may want to plan a caesarian.

These things wouldn't happen if people that aren't serious about breeding would spay/neuter their pets. At 8 1/2, she is past where responsible people breed females.
    cristita Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2007, 06:53 PM
    How do we know if she is pregnant

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My 5 lb. Chihuahua is pregnant by my Moms 10 lb. Zu [ 3 Answers ]

I think my Chihuahua is in labor and I feel that her puppies are too big for her to have on her own. I can't afford to take her to the vet and I don't want her to die on me . It was a freak accident that she has gotten pregnant in the first place. She has doubled in her weight and she has a...

How can I tell if my dog is pregnant? [ 3 Answers ]

I have 2 miniature daschunds, my female was on heat and finished about 3wks ago now. We were trying to mate them, but every time I tried to help she would go shy and just want me. They were together all other times through her heat. So we don't know if he got to her or not it was both their...

Pregnant dog [ 1 Answers ]

How can I tell when my daschund is pregnant? For the last week she has been whining and seems to be uncomfortable but she doesn't seem to be gaining a lot of weight??

Pregnant Dog crying [ 2 Answers ]

Our dog is pregnant. We breed her on April 8th and now all of a sudden last night she was real uncomfortable and crying. If we talked with her or petted her she was fine. Tonight she started the same. She is eating fine. Isn't it a little early? Do you think the pups are just moving around and she...

Help with a pregnant female dog [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone tell me the behaviour of a pregnant female dog, How they would act towards other dogs/females,

View more questions Search