Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    manyagupta22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2017, 01:11 AM
    Question of general maths
    My question is.. A rich merchant had collected many gold coins. He did not want to tell his wife.So he makes it tricky.He says'if I divide coins into two unequal numbers , then 48 times the difference between the two numbers will be equal to the difference between square of two numbers.' We have to find the number of gold coins.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 29, 2017, 01:17 AM
    What do YOU think ?
    While we're happy to help, we wont do all the work for you.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 29, 2017, 07:54 AM
    I suggest you start by setting up an equation for the two piles of coins, and see if it can be simplified to yield an answer for the sum of the two piles.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maths question [ 6 Answers ]

For a particular problem, I have arranged the letters A and B twelve by twelve : AAAAAAAAAAAA, ABBAABBAAABA, and so on. Order matters: AB is not equal to BA. Altogether there are 2 raised to 12 or 4096 pemutations giving all possible combinations of A and B, twelve by twelve. Now amongst the 4096...

Maths question [ 1 Answers ]

A child sits on a ledge about 10m above sea level.fish are swimming in the sea 30m beneath the child.at what depth are the fish swimming?

Maths Question [ 0 Answers ]

I doubled a number and keep doubling so that the original number was doubled four times.What might be the answer.

Maths question: [ 1 Answers ]

Regarding table: http://dc317.4shared.com/img/YE2kBHJo/preview_html_m13483107.png Question: In which region does the Orion Line have between 4,000 and 5,000 Small Business customers? Please explain answer...

Maths important question [ 1 Answers ]

Mark's daily pocket money is 40 cents more than jee sian's. Each of them spends $1.40 a day and saves the rest. By the time Jee Sian has saved $50, Maek has saved $20 more than Jee sian. How much is Jee Sian's daily pocket money?

View more questions Search