Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stormywaters Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2017, 10:10 PM
    I want to complain about poor medical care just I need advice on this tricky matter
    My brother recently passed away after battling cancer.Just I know he went through so much emotional suffering and pain .I feel as though between doctors appointments , hospital tests and diagnosis his cancer was over looked firstly by his doctor who did not see the obvious signs of his cancer,the hospital who took numerous tests and told my brother it was an infection ,then to be told he could rule out cancer.then a day before his surgery to remove the large tumour in his neck.it was only then he was told it was cancer . I believe so much more should have and could have been done .Anyway I did complain and I was told to get his next of kin to fill out and sign the forms for access to his medical notes... However I believed that my sister was his next of kin but I was wrong .after she signed and send of the conssent forms.i received a letter from the health board saying my sister wasnt the next of kin and they couldn't take my complaint any further just I think my father may be next of kin but we aren't in contact and so I wont be able to get next of kin .im not sure of exact dates either so what should I do next
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 22, 2017, 04:23 AM
    Consult an attorney who specializes in malpractice cases.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 22, 2017, 06:33 AM
    Reading your other posts it appears you are upset with his medical team because they would not give you the information you requested after your brother asked them not to discuss his care with his family.

If he was married, his wife would be next of kin, then any surviving children if divorced or widowed. If neither of these apply, his next of kin would be any surviving parents.

Just know now that you don't have a lawsuit simply because his medical team refused to discuss his medical condition or treatment.
    loardeva Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2017, 10:08 PM
    You should discuss this matter with an attorney because this is a malpractice case.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2017, 09:01 AM
    They can't, they are not the aggrieved person or next of kin.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

24 yr old virgin seeking advice with a matter... [ 7 Answers ]

Hi all, I'm feeling kind of embarrassed by writing this, but I'm doing it anyway. I'm a 24 yr old virgin. Just never found the right girl and also my social life isn't superb. Recently I came in contact with a couple through a website asking and searching for one guy to build up a connection with....

I want to be in Foster Care no matter what. [ 3 Answers ]

Ok so my name is Sebastian and I'm 16 I'll be 17 in July, I live with rich stubborn stuck up parents,I live with my mother and stepfather and I hate them both. All my Stepfather ever does is downgrade me by telling me I'm a failure in everything I do and that I'm going nowhere in life, they say I...

Great product, but poor customer care follow-up! [ 0 Answers ]

Hi... I live in South Africa and on 3 separate occasions I have ordered Fair & Flawless products online, to no avail... My order went through as per instructions online, but I wasn't able to ship products to a gift address. When I phoned the contact number provided online I was directed to...

Medical Care [ 1 Answers ]

Most systems of medical insurance substantially lower the out-of-pocket costs consumers have to pay for additional units of medical services, eventually reducing to zero. How does this method of payment affect the consumption of medical services

View more questions Search