Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davidsilver Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2016, 04:13 PM
    Keeping the billow in sails
    I want to stiffen cotton sails on a model ship. I am thinking of blowing air against them to make them billow and then spray them with hair spray to hold the billow. Would spray starch be better.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2016, 04:51 PM
    I'd consider a clear satin lacquer or enamel Starch will be effected by humidity and hair spray was never really meant to last very long. I assume this is on a model boat that you intend to have for a length of time

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ship sails back to the past? [ 1 Answers ]

Hiya can anyone help me find the name of a film I saw years ago? Its about a navy ship that went to sea and sailed into fog/mist and when it clears they are 20years in the past. Can't remember too much but I know that I enjoyed it and would like to watch it again. Thanks in advance Colind200

Keeping it up [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 22 year old guy. Im in a committed relationship at the moment, and we are sexually active. I've been having a bit of a problem lately. I never battle to get an erection, but often it goes soft while we are having sex. I don't know if this is a medical issue or a psychological one. Does...

Keeping in contact [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have been in a relationship for a year and half an the last 4 months she moved in with me. Unfortunately due to her collapsing and being sent to hospital 2 months ago she has decided to get herself sorted as she was doing nothing with her life and had problems such as bulimia and dinking a lot...

Is it OK if still keeping ex [ 12 Answers ]

I and my boyfriend broke up before, and now we were get back in the relationship almost 10 months. I’m living in his apartment (for his required), but I still keeping my own apartment. He threw away all the pictures of his previous relationship that show him he is serious with ours before we get...

Sails [ 2 Answers ]

If I had a small boat and put larger sails would it make it go faster and why?

View more questions Search