Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Vanessa_boulet Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2016, 04:29 PM
    Period
    I was a week late but I started my period this month on the 1st and normally I always last 7 days I've never gone longer than 7 Days my period is normal all the time it's always regular but this time around I'm on day 10 and I'm a little bit worried I don't know if that's normal if it's supposed to happen or not so if you guys could just let me know
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 11, 2016, 05:38 PM
    Have you had sex during the past month?
    Vanessa_boulet Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2016, 05:51 PM
    Yes I have quite a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Have you had sex during the past month?
    Yes, I have quite a lot.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 11, 2016, 07:33 PM
    Then of course pregnancy is always a possible reason, along with change in diet, stress, changes in life style, travel and more.

When you are about 14 days late, you can try a pregnancy test.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Sep 12, 2016, 10:43 AM
    This would probably just be a 'Wonky' period. Which is to say a little late, and a little long. I think because you've HAD your period, I don't think your pregnant. I think your body is just having a long period. If it doesn't stop in a day or two, I would suggest seeing your doctor to see if there is an underlying issue.

Also, if you're not trying to conceive a child, I would look at this time to read up on birth control and family planning.

Good luck.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 12, 2016, 12:51 PM
    I agree with Craven, it sounds like your body is just a bit out of wack this month. But, if the period lasts for 2 weeks then it's time to see a doctor. If you fill a pad in less than an hour, time to see a doctor.

It's possible that you're pregnant, but not very likely, it's also possible that you were pregnant and had a miscarriage and you may need to go for a D & C to remove everything from your body (been there, done that). Other possibilities is that you're just having an off month, or that there's something going on that needs to be addressed.

Let us know how it turns out, and good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late Period, Pain in breasts, Cramping, Condom, Pulled out, Sex on period. [ 10 Answers ]

If someone could help that would be very helpful. Ok, so me and my girlfriend had sex. I am only 16 and she is 15. But when we did I wore a condom and pulled out. She was even on her period when we did it. The condom did not have any visible hole or anything. It has been over a month since and she...

Brownish spotting 2 weeks before period then turned red 5 days before period due [ 1 Answers ]

Had unprotected sex on 7/15. Took MAP within twelve hours. Expected ovulation on 7/21 but only got brown spotting which lasted 7 days. Now 5 days before period is due, I am experiencing light bleeding... red in color. Could I be pregnant?

I had a D&C March 25th, a regular period the next month. My May period was week late, [ 1 Answers ]

I had a D&C March 25th, a regular period the next month. My May period was week late, and my June period was only 3 days of light bleeding. I haven't had regualr periods since the birth of my first baby 4/6/09.. whom I breastfeed for 7 months. Anyway my question is I have been so nauseus and just...

View more questions Search