Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JWL316 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2016, 08:24 PM
    Can two comic books have the same title
    Currently I'm working on making a comic book and I recently discovered that another comic book that's scheduled to come out, has the same title that I had for my comic book. Now with my comic book the title is the name of the lead character that stars in the series. Whereas with the other comic book there is no one in that series that uses that name in particular. Also the general concepts are completely different in that with my comic book it is of the superhero genre whereas the other comic book is of the sci-fi genre. Can two comics books have he same title despite that being the only similarity they share?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 28, 2016, 09:13 PM
    There's no copyright on book titles. Not sure if that goes for comic books. Is there an alternate title for yours so as not to get mixed up with the other comic book, especially if it's a dud?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 29, 2016, 01:24 AM
    It depends if they publish first and your use of their title interferes and causes confusion. You need to consult with a copyright attorney to be sure.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 29, 2016, 07:18 AM
    I don't think you worry about the competition as it doesn't even sound like you are on the same level, as it appears you are an amateur and they are professional, If this is the case you can do what you like, and if my assumption is wrong, then correct me please.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Comic books [ 3 Answers ]

I have 12 comic books I want to sell 4 that are walt disney igot an signed Indiana jones comicbook signed by trerry austin vol . 1 no.1 mint condition daredevil comic book vol .1. no.188 1962 mint conditoni got vision and scarlet witch comic book vol. 1 no . 3 1963 mint condtion I have a...

StarWars comic books [ 1 Answers ]

reese420 I came acoss two first out starwars comic books by marvel from the 1st star wars they are big sized comic books does anybody know the value and wher I can get top dollar for them at?

Comic books [ 7 Answers ]

just a qiuck post... any one know about the value of some comic books I have... I have a couple early edition GREEN ARROW comic books.. there from the early 80's... not sure of the issue numbers, but I will give more info. If anyone is interested in knowing? :confused: :o :o:D... just thought I...

View more questions Search