Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cfimei Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2007, 05:27 PM
    Tracing bank accounts - is it THAT easy?
    There's a few ads on the net from company's stating they can trace any bank account anywhere in the US. I just don't see how it's legally possible let alone technologically possible. I know a judgement creditor could obtain a copy of the defendants ChexSystem file which might show bank enquiries indicating possible active accounts but those enquries don't stay on file for more than 3 years.

So unless you've opened a bank account within the last 3 years is it really possible to trace any and all accounts no matter where they are in the US?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 31, 2007, 07:56 AM
    Hello cf:

Who told you that ChexSystems doesn't keep records beyond 3 years? I'll bet it's not so. Why would it be? Don't you think their customers would want a bigger picture? I think they would, and I think they get it.

Do you think there's a law that calls for that?? Where might I read such a law?

excon
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2007, 02:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cfimei
    I just don't see how it's legally possible let alone technologically possible.

1. Technology: computers (although not in the form as we know it today) have been around since prior to WWII.

2. Information: where do you think ALL of our information is stored? See item #1 above.

3. Legally: Can you say, Big Brother is watching you? See items #1 & #2.

I can think of a few ways the government makes additional monies besides taxing our arses. Hmm, one way could be, say, leasing access of certain databases to tracing companies.
    TxSky Posts: 18, Reputation: 3

Apr 19, 2007, 03:00 PM
    In my state, credit information stays on for almost 7 years.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garnishing Bank Accounts [ 8 Answers ]

I had a few questions about garnishing bank accounts. My friend is a lawyer but only started her practice this year, so I would like another opinion since I'm reading several different things on here. Can a TN judgement garnish your bank account in another state? My friend stated that they...

Freezing bank accounts [ 3 Answers ]

I have a question,me and my husband went to go to our bank and our account was froze due to a loan at a loan place,we had no court appearance,or no letter ,employer wasn't contacted they have left us no money to live on,for my family I live in Indiana ,what are my rights as far as getting money for...

Freezing bank accounts [ 1 Answers ]

I received a judgement against someone for 10,000. Am I able to send bank suponeas to various banks and freeze several accounts at once since I am unaware of the account balances. I.e. what if one account at bank 1 has an account with 15,000 and bank 2 notifies me of an account with 20,000. Are...

Freezing Bank Accounts [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, When freezing a bank acount is it legal to freeze joint bank accounts in NY State?

Attachment of bank accounts [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference in freeze vs attach a bank account? Under what conditions can this be done? Is there any fore warning when this is to be done? What are the ways to get around this saga?

View more questions Search