Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justaskchefnic Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Apr 19, 2007, 11:32 AM
    10 years with him, life without him now?
    I met him when I was 18, and I left him when I was 28, It has been a year now and we are divorced. I left him because I needed him to be more, I thought if I left him he would realize how much he loved me and come back and he never did. What I needed when I was 18 was a far cry from what I needed when I was 28, he just never seemed to grow up. I went from a factory worker, to a college grade and now in a career I love. I have had many successes to many to metion, but he was not there for any of them. He valued is friends and family more than me. And the better I became the less he seemed to look at me, and one day I just dissapeard. I tried to keep his attention he just saw me as nothing special, but that was not how I saw him. The day I left him, I waited for him to call, tell me he didn't want to spend one day without me, months passed no calls, nothing. Even during the holidays, birthdays nothing. I am better off without him I know that. But that feeling of being abanded is still there, a very lonely place in my heart. I don't know how to mend that. If there is someone else has gone through that or similar how did you get through it?
    vixychick Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Apr 19, 2007, 12:07 PM
    I have gone through the same kind of thing, met my ex when I was 15 and we were together 10 years, we were engaged and buying a house together. But he started to change, and chose his friends over me time and time again. I no longer felt important, I tried to work through this with him, but then he dumped me. I like you know I am better off without him, but sometimes I feel like there is a hole in my heart that only he can fill, but when I feel like that I realise it's up to me to fill that hole, so now even though its hard I try my best to live my life to this motto
    'Love like you've never been hurt, sing like nobody is listening, dance like there is nobody around, work like you don't need the money, and live like its heaven on earth.'

I know easier said than done but trying to do this everyday as least makes me smile for awhile
    vlee Posts: 454, Reputation: 109

Apr 19, 2007, 02:51 PM
    Instead of dwelling on him, try focusing on yourself. Join a gym, a dance class, anything you might enjoy. Work on your career or head back to school. Distract yourself like crazy, until you realize you don't miss him anymore. If picking up hobbies doesn't do the trick, talk to a counselor about your feelings.
    scorpio124 Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Apr 21, 2007, 11:30 PM
    You are to be commened on your accomplishments but I get the impression that "it's all about you" just from the brief comments you wrote above. I am not trying to discredit you but I suspect that your husband possibly felt left out or insignficant in your marriage. You might want to honestly take a deeper look inside and determine how you both contributed to the breakdown of your marriage. Based on the info above... there seemed to be some serious communication problems in your marriage. Do you really feel abandoned ? Or perhaps you feel rejected or need closure. Personally, I feel that 10years is wasted already... the rest of your life will be as good as you want it to be! Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Life in heaven or life on earth? [ 21 Answers ]

Given a choice of living forever in perfect health on a paradise earth or living forever in heaven as a spirit, which would you choose?

In life [ 9 Answers ]

I'm just having a problem with life and starting to not like it that much and I was just wondering what would you do when life put you down?

24 years old and never dated, need to resolve life riddles! [ 3 Answers ]

Ok so here it begins, I come from south indian familly, currently living with my brother and parents and I expect to graduate from university in six months. I have been living in Canada since I was 14 years old, but unlike normal Canadian kids, I never went out to any party or club of any sort,...

Life after 4 years... [ 8 Answers ]

I bump off to this website not very long ago. I was going to post a question on my first day. But after thorough investigation with the feedbacks being posted for each question. I felt that I wouldn't get something what I want. I really felt like no one has given a more stable or conclusive point...

Life [ 6 Answers ]

Hi just to start by saying I haven't been on here for a while which is also due to me moving etc because I had to :mad: and at the moment I actually hate life. I feel really depressed and have cut myself off from my friends. Even some really close friends I can't speak too and they try and help...

View more questions Search