Ask
    jack cotter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2016, 05:49 AM
    Refinish Fiberglass Front Door
    How to repaint fiberglass front door
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2016, 10:19 AM
    Remove old hardware. Lightly sand door with open coat sandpaper, 220-320 grit. Clean door with soap and water, dry, wipe door with mineral spirits,let dry well. Prime door if necessary, finish with good quality semi gloss latex exterior paint using a polyester fine bristle brush. Don't use $ store brushes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to paint a fiberglass front door [ 0 Answers ]

We had a fiberglass front door installed. It is already primed. I would like to know, how to prep the door, what kind of paint I should use, should the trim around the door be painted the same color as the door. We live in Florida and our outside exterior is stucco. Thank you

Replacing front door handle 97 camry can't open door from inside [ 1 Answers ]

Installed new inner door handles on passenger front and driver rear but still can't open door from inside of vehicle

The touch switches in the door front of our french door refrigerator have stopped wor [ 1 Answers ]

The touch switches in gthe door of our Maytag french door refrigerator have stopped working, specifically, the ones that select water or ice will not change regardless how hard or long I press on them. Now, in order to get ice I have to open both french doors and pull out the ice tray far enough...

Repaint home developer install front exterior fiberglass door [ 1 Answers ]

We are about to sell our house and would like to repaint our front exterior fiberglass door. It was originally installed by the home developer company when we first moved in. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you! Jessica

Fiberglass vs. Wood Front Door [ 3 Answers ]

Any thoughts on replacing my front door with a Fiberglass Door vs a real wood door. The fiberglass door I'm looking at is http://www.masonite.com/PRODUCT_GUIDE/pdfs/BarSierraCraftsman.pdf . I would think for the long run the fiberglass door is the better value and more durable than wood. Anyone...

View more questions Search