Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mehdish1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2015, 07:05 AM
    Who should Prepare the Writ and Notice of Execution?
    I have been granted a judgment, close to $1,000, against a business entity in PA. The judge certified the judgement and I entered it with the Monroe County court which the defendant received a notice of entry of judgment from the county.

I know the defendant's bank account and bank information which I would like to proceed with garnishing the account. The next step is to write a Praecipe to instruct the sheriff for garnishing the defendant bank account. I know how to do that. Then, the Writ of Execution comes to the picture. My question is:
    Who prepares the Writ and notice of Execution? Should it be prepared by plaintiff (me) to submit it to the sheriff? Or, Sherrif with prepare the Writ and Notice of Execution upon receiving my Praecipe to deliver it to the defendant.

Please advise
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 10, 2015, 07:20 AM
    Did you get a order for the garnishment when you won your judgement?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Nov 10, 2015, 10:41 AM
    Who prepares what varies from state to state, and from place to place within a state.

I would guess that you are to prepare them, for signature by the clerk of court (or apparently by a judge in some places). But I suggest that you ask the clerk how it is supposed to be done in your locality.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 10, 2015, 11:12 AM
    The writ of execution is signed off by the court. But generally they just sign a form prepared by the judgment holder.
    Mehdish1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2015, 11:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Did you get a order for the garnishment when you won your judgement?
    No, I didn't

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Writ of Execution - PA [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Today I received a writ of execution which seized by bank accounts. The judgement is for much more than I have in the bank. I am concerned because my paycheck is direct deposit which goes into one of the accounts that has a hold put on it. I tried to stop my direct deposit for my payday this...

Writ of execution [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Oklahoma the father of my son was deported to Mexico with no return in 2009. That put him behind on his child support payment, he owes me 20,000.00 and it will keep adding up. My question is 4 vehicles are under his name how can I take them for him owning me child support? What form to...

Difference between Writ of Possession and Writ of Execution [ 4 Answers ]

My question: What is the difference between a Writ of Possession and a Writ of Execution?

Writ of execution and writ of possession? [ 1 Answers ]

I understand a writ of possession is complementary to a writ of execution. Under the law, a writ of execution prescribes after a number of years, say 5 years. Supposing the period to execute a judgment of the court has prescribed and the judgment was only partially executed as when for instance...

View more questions Search