Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rkmemkc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2015, 06:26 PM
    Persistent cough
    I have had a cough for almost 15 days now. I originally thought it was allergies (I haven't had too much experience with allergies but the pollen was off the charts this year). I have tried musinex, robitussin, Zyrtec and home remedies such as honey and lemon tea to no avail. There is some small congestion in my lungs and can cough up small amounts of mucus but nothing to show it is breaking up. I have no other symptoms and wondering if a prescription is my only hope. I am overall healthy with no medicines in my day to day life. I thank you for any advice you can offer.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 17, 2015, 07:13 PM
    I don't see where you did the one thing you should be doing at this stage. Seeing a doctor. Not worth doing after a couple days... but after 15, its time. There are a number of things that can cause that.
    spicywings Posts: 85, Reputation: 9

May 17, 2015, 07:55 PM
    This could be whooping cough but either way, it's past the time to go see a doctor. Make an appt asap. Take care.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 17, 2015, 08:20 PM
    Whooping cough, tuberculosis, pneumonia, COPD... Only a doctor can tell you for sure.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 18, 2015, 03:43 AM
    I have a cough and some congestion too, and live in rural New England, and I'm positive it's pollen. I don't really have allergies, but every spring I seem to get this a little more. You can develop allergies at any age.
    Try Benedryl. There is no magic bullet for allergies, nor each person.
    If you can afford a doctor, sure, go, for that one in a thousand 'something else.'

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have had a cough for about 3 months, can breath when I cough [ 3 Answers ]

And I taste blood when I spit up. Doctor put me on omeprazole but it does not help... I am tired. What do I do and what is this

Cough medicine for kennel cough [ 4 Answers ]

I am dog-sitting my mother's dog. He is a standard poodle. He went to the groomer's at PetSmart about 5 days ago. Early this morning he started coughing from 3 am until 8 am. Poor thing I felt terrible. I messaged my mom about it, she said he had coughed a few times before, (several days after...

Persistent clog [ 9 Answers ]

I have 3 floor drains in my basement that are clogged.I have ran commercial auger down The main sewer line twice.I have snaked the vent tube but hit something that I can't get through, should I be abke to run this freely to the main sewer line.toilets are not affected by the clog. Thanks

Persistent coughing [ 1 Answers ]

I picked up an infection at the beginning of April this year that seemed to go straight to my chest. It gave me an awful, persistent cough which always left me struggling for breath and trying desperately to suck back some air into my lungs (even while the coughing fits, which sometimes lasted for...

Persistent cough [ 1 Answers ]

I have been coughing for 3 weeks now. It doesn't seem to be getting any better but worse. I am also starting to spit up blood. What could this be?

View more questions Search