Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bill McGough Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2015, 11:45 AM
    I'm financing a motorcycle, my cosigner has a lien on her credit card
    Can she still cosign for me to get a bike with good credit but a lien on her credit card?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 16, 2015, 01:16 PM
    She hasn't got good credit if she has a lien on her credit card, dah ! So, no, she cant cosign you.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 16, 2015, 04:00 PM
    Surely she has some clue by now how high interest rates are and how fast it accumulates... so why in the world does she want to add to her debt????
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 16, 2015, 06:29 PM
    It will be up to the bank. Or company that is doing the loan for the motorcycle. They may, it all depends on her credit score. Also there is not a "lien" on a credit card, it can be over balance, past due, in collections, even have a judgement against her.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 16, 2015, 07:47 PM
    A lien is a legal encumbrance placed on real property to satisfy a debt. So one cannot have a lien on a credit card. However, the credit card issuer could have a lien against some property she owns. Not all liens indicate bad credit. Lenders who make loans for real property like real estate or cars will place a lien against the real property.

So its not clear what she has. It will be up to the lender to determine whether her credit is good enough to grant the loan.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

May 18, 2015, 06:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    A lien is a legal encumbrance placed on real property to satisfy a debt. ...
    Or on personal property. It depends upon the type of lien.

But yes, it will be a decision for the lender to make.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lien by credit card [ 8 Answers ]

I am on the deed to my mothers home can a credit card co put a lien on her home if I am not on the mortgage

Right to lien in credit card [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, One of my friend had lost the job and he has not paid his ICICI credit card bill from past 6 months as there is no source of income. He has a savings account in SBI and he is waiting for his provident fund money to be credited to his SBI Account. Can ICICI bank use Right to lien and...

Credit card lien [ 4 Answers ]

I recently received a lien due to an unpaid credit card. I have tried to get in touch with them to work out a solution.A couple of question. Will they take less $$ then they were awarded? The reason is my daughter is going to put a down payment on a townhouse for me. Their names will be on it( so...

Protections of cosigner on credit card & SOL ? [ 5 Answers ]

My husband cosigned for his friend's credit card in 1998 or 1999 (in Kentucky). This friend stopped making payments before the year 2000. My husband was called about this around 2003 or 2004 from the collection agency (which has changed since), but he (husband) claims that at the time he did not...

Credit card lien [ 1 Answers ]

Can a credit card company put a lien on your property when you are making payments even though the payments are below payment due,:o

View more questions Search