Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rayven216 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2015, 02:00 PM
    I can't taste anything sweet
    For some reason I can no longer taste anything sweet.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 6, 2015, 02:04 PM
    See your doctor. Nothing can be done online... smell has a MAJOR factor in the sense of taste. Tests can be run and causes eliminated or confirmed in the office.
    Rayven216 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2015, 02:27 PM
    But I can smell just fine.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 6, 2015, 02:37 PM
    Even smell is not always an all or nothing proposition... like hearing (I've had temporary and sudden loss of a certain frequency range, as in, it was there when I went to bed, but not when I woke up, that later returned weeks later after treatment as an example). Certain facets might have been affected. While others not.

Still, the only way to get to the bottom of this is a clinical exam and tests.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 6, 2015, 04:15 PM
    Taste can have a lot to do with wellness. When ill taste can be offset, be different than normal. It could be a simple cold, or flu, or it could be anything between all the way to something more serious.

The only way to find out why this is happening, is to see your doctor. Be prepared for numerous questions and tests.

Sadly this cannot be diagnosed online, not even by a doctor. It's simply not possible.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a powdery taste in my mouth. Later, it changes to a metallic taste? [ 3 Answers ]

I get a powdery (like baby powder) taste in my mouth. I taste it every time my tongue touches my lips. About an hour later, it changes to a metallic taste and then back to powder. I am female and am not on any medication that could cause this.

Sweet sweet blues music [ 19 Answers ]

Does anyone know if Howling Wolf or John Lee Hooker are still alive and if they are, are they still playing

View more questions Search