Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roseche22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2015, 06:13 PM
    How can we get custody on my nephew here in the philippines?
    My sister left her 4 years old son in the care of my parents for days now we don't know where she is and did not contact us, the child is an illegitimate,my parents and I are the one who provide the child's education,medical needs,food,clothing since birth,how can we file custody for the child In case my sister will come back and get her son?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 17, 2015, 03:10 AM
    Illegitimate, people still use that word? That has no bearing on the father having legal rights, So any attempt at custody has to include legal notification of both the mother and father of the child.

You will need hire an attorney, since this will be a complicated issue, and decide what is best way to proceed.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 17, 2015, 03:14 AM
    Start with applying for temporary guardianship, which is easier. This gives you the legal right to care for the child. Then you will need an attorney to go for custody.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Mar 17, 2015, 09:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Illegitimate, people still use that word? ...
    It's perfectly good word, but misused by the OP (it's an adjective, not a noun). Would you rather use "bastard"?

I suspect that what OP should do depends on the law in the Philippines. I don't really know how it works there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Custody of my nephew [ 2 Answers ]

18 months ago social services took my at birth nephew and placed him with us he has been with us since birth social services applied for a permanent order however they just lost in court and we had to return him to his biological mother who had already lost six other children permanently totally...

Want custody of Nephew [ 2 Answers ]

My nephew was being abused by his mother and is now living with my husband and I. We have only had him for 12 days and his mother wants to send him to Cal Farley Boys Ranch, but he doesn't want to go. How can I being his Aunt get custody of him? Thank You Tiffany

Custody of Nephew [ 1 Answers ]

My nephew, Tim, is 23 years old and found out he had a son, James, who is now 1 year of age. Here is the story of James... He was abused by his mother and her boyfriend when he was 5 months old. This abuse went on for two months. James was taken to Children's Hospital with severe burns to his...

Custody of my little nephew [ 1 Answers ]

My nephew's girlfriend gave birth on Friday and dyfs took the baby because they found weed in the baby's blood and now I want to help by getting custody. How can I go about that.

Custody of my nephew [ 5 Answers ]

My nephew and my sister in-law live with my husband and I and she is very neglectful with a record. His father also neglects him also with a record. Both currently are abusing drugs and alcohol. How do I file for custody and not have him put in foster care until the dust settles? Both parents...

View more questions Search