Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vascovasco Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2015, 10:46 AM
    Urine test
    So today at work my colleagues were talking about urine testing at work I said I disagreed because I believed it was okay for someone to smoke a joint or take E on weekends as long as it doesn't interfere with work. So now I come off looking like a drug addict of some sort. What should I do? (I do occasionally smoke weed) Please don't tell me just to stop smoking. I would like an answer for the question I made.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Feb 5, 2015, 11:03 AM
    Opinions are like rectal sphincters. Everyone has one and some stink more then others. Reputations take a long time to build up and but only seconds to come crashing down. Which has happened in your case, you have come across as drug enthuasist. You can't really go back and un-say those words and untarnish your reputation. You have a personal philosophy and you should stick to it. The problem is that the people who disagree with your personal philosophy are also the people who control your employment. So while you believe that a little pot is harmless, to which I agree, they will not.

In the end your opinion on this matter, unless you can put clout behind it and it seems like you can't, is meaningless. The best thing for you to do is to stay being the model employee there and show that a drug user can be as useful, if not more so, then those who only rely on legal drugs.

BTW, stop doing E. Pot's fine, just stop doing E.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 5, 2015, 11:06 AM
    If you are so worried about what your colleagues think of you, think before you act, or speak, and hope the boss doesn't decide to test your pee. They have as much right to their views as you do yours, but the boss makes policy rules.

Helluva choice though between your freedom of choice (and expression), and paying the rent, so be grateful you don't have to choose... yet!
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2015, 02:14 PM
    No need for other comments after such excellent answers.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Feb 6, 2015, 08:23 AM
    Some things are better off, not being discussed in the work place. Illegal drug use, politics, religion, the boss, etc. You are asking for trouble by participating in a debatable topic, and risk the reputation (right or wrong) that in a sheep-like environment, that kind of thing happens. You made the mistake of participating in the conversation, when you should have walked away.

Same thinking goes along with any affairs and gossip that might come up. Turn around and walk away. No good comes from being busted for an opinion by the boss, when you were merely making your views known.

It is different in the workplance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have urine infection. During urine test white blood cell detect? What does it mean? [ 1 Answers ]

My doctor gave me 5 days amtibiotic. After finishing course I went to gp and again tested. But this time same report came . I have lower back pain. Urinate more frequent. Is it indicate kidney damage?

Multiple negative urine test & a blood test but gaining weight,feeling nausea. [ 6 Answers ]

I'm 22. I have my last period on 28 Jan 2014. My husband & I have been trying from 5 months but I have got multiple negative urine tests & 1 -ve blood test. I'm gaining weight continuously & getting heartburn & frequent urination. Was diagnosed with PCOS 2 years ago but always had regular periods....

I'm two weeks late with my period heaps of crampin done blood test and urine test but [ 1 Answers ]

The tests were negative am I pankin too much!

Can alchahol stay in urine 16 hours after drinking and be detected in a urine test [ 1 Answers ]

I had 7 drinks I weigh 165lbs 16 hours later received supprise urine test.I drank Detoxify xxtra clean.Will alchahol be detected in urine?

View more questions Search