Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dkruszka Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2013, 01:42 PM
    I have the same model but it is leaking at the top of the small handle. (It is not leaking at the spout but the small handle where the water lines converge before sending it to the spout.) Can't figure out how to take the cap off to attempt repair. Any help or parts diagram would be helpful.

Thanks,
    Dave
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Nov 18, 2013, 03:35 PM
    Hi Dave

I'm pretty sure that the cap just spins out. If you can't unscrew it using your hands try putting some duct tape on the top and then try again... ;)

Mark
    RosemaryW Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2014, 11:11 AM
    Hi,

I hope that I am not too late to chime in and post my similar situation with my Pegasus kitchen sink problem..

I also have a Pegasus kitchen faucet fixture from Home Depot, and here is what it's doing.

A couple of weeks ago, I was rinsing dishes in the sink and loading my dishwasher and I felt some water dripping out of the cabinet on my bare feet. So, I opened the cabinet and a waterfall of water poured out of the cabinet on to the floor.

It was kind of late at night and I couldn't see much, so I took all my cleaners, soaps, etc. out and cleaned up the water.

So, the following morning I looked up under the sink to determine where the water was leaking from.

And, what I saw was that the part where there is a single lever to turn the water on/off was leaking from the bottom of it.

Many thanks to the earlier poster for the 1-800 telephone number and model #!

I called Pegasus and what they sent me doesn't look anything like what I'm having problems with.

This is a picture of what they sent to me..

Attachment 46906

Ooops! Let me try this.

Name:  part..jpg
Views: 1304
Size:  93.5 KB

Dec 14, 2014, 11:28 AM
    Darn it! I'm trying to get my images to attach within my post.

Here is (hopefully) images of my Pegasus kitchen faucet as well as an underneath view of what is leaking.

Name:  pegasus faucet.jpg
Views: 7717
Size:  145.7 KB

Name:  underneath view.jpg
Views: 1574
Size:  115.4 KB
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Dec 14, 2014, 11:58 AM
    where there is a single lever to turn the water on/off
    That would be called the valve. The other parts would be the spout and the spray.
    Although the water is coming from underneath the sink at the valve, the leak won't be there. The leak will be in the valve itself.
    You should not have to remove the valve in order to repair the leak.

Turn off the water, both hot and cold, at the stop valves under the sink.
    Pry of the button on the top of the valve using a sharp knife.
    You should then see a screw that holds the handle on to the cartridge.
    Remove the screw and then remove the handle.
    You should then see a nut that holds the cartridge in place. Remove that and then remove the cartridge.
    What I suspect you received from Pegasus was a new cartridge and "O" rings.
    Install new cartridge, reinstall handle and cover.

Show a picture of what you received from Pegasus. For some reason ATTACHMENTS don't seem to work on this web site. Post picture just like you posted pictures of your faucet.

If you have difficulties, post pictures as you go along.

Dec 14, 2014, 12:17 PM
    I now see the cartridge and retaining clip. Remove handle and post picture.

Dec 14, 2014, 12:31 PM
    That is so helpful hkstroud!

I am going to tackle this and I will post pics if / when I run into trouble.

Rosemary

Dec 14, 2014, 01:16 PM
    Hi hkstroud,

Okay, I've turned both the cold and hot water off underneath the sink.

And, I've removed the decorative cap and unscrewed the screw that's underneath the decorative cap.

Now, I'm looking at the single lever and I'm unable to pull the lever off!

I don't want to break it!

Do you think the lever is a screw-off type of removal? Or, do I pull up on it? Should I unscrew it from the round base at the bottom?

Thanks in advance!
    Name:  cap removed.jpg
Views: 1595
Size:  106.5 KB

Dec 14, 2014, 01:53 PM
    The handle should come off by pulling strait up. May take some effort.

Dec 14, 2014, 02:14 PM
    Hi hkstroud,

Okay, going to give that a try..

I'm also busy shoveling about 8 - 10" of snow from my walkway and deck.

'Tis the season! :)

Dec 14, 2014, 02:21 PM
    You have my sympathy on the snow. If you don't have the physical strength to pull the handle off, you may have to purchase a faucet handle puller. About $10, Home Depot or Lowe's.
    Attached Images

Dec 14, 2014, 03:51 PM
    Hi hkstroud,

Thank you for your suggestion. It looks like the tool that you recommended is what I'm going to need.

I think of myself as a tough cookie, but pulling on the darn faucet handle is just too hard.

I'll venture down to Home Depot tomorrow, 'cause I'm pooped from shoveling and my Denver Broncos are on t.v.

I'll follow up w/ my progress tomorrow..
    dastagg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2015, 05:48 AM
    I am having an issue with the same faucet and called Pegasus thanks to this site and they are sending me parts. The handle is very tight feeling and hard to move side to side and up and down, so they are sending a new cartridge. Also, when I turn on the water, only half flow comes out and it got better after I fiddled with the sprayer by using sprayer on and off and it did get better, so they are sending out a diverter valve also. Changing the cartridge is likely pretty easy, but I am not even sure where the diverter valve is located (under the main spout?) or how to change that out. I don't have the manual or parts list either and asked Pegasus for a copy, but no response yet.

Anybody changed out a diverter valve or maybe I should just try the cartridge first and see what happens from there? I like the faucet, but need it to work as it should vs changing to a new faucet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchen faucet & sprayer not working properly [ 7 Answers ]

When we use our kitchen sprayer, a small stream of water still comes out of the faucet... help... we have a home inspection soon:mad:

How do I replace kitchen faucet sprayer with a undersink water filter faucet? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a old kitchen kitchen faucet with attached sprayer. I want to install a Culligan undersink filter which comes with a water faucet that REPLACES the sprayer. I have very limited room under the sink to work in. I cannot even get any normal open end wrenches/adjustibles to work with limited...

Kitchen faucet not working but sprayer does [ 1 Answers ]

My kitchen sink was working fine and then 5 minutes later the faucet was not working at all but the sprayer was working fine. What do I do? >Moved from Forum Help<

Kitchen Faucet Sprayer On - Main Faucet not totally off [ 2 Answers ]

We moved into a new house - new construction. When we use the sprayer in the kitchen faucet, water comes out the sprayer as it is supposed to, but the water does not completely shut off in the main faucet. There is still a thin column of water coming out. We had the faucet replaced, and this...

Kitchen Faucet Not working... but sprayer does? [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: This faucet was installed by a previous homeowner and I'd like to troubleshoot before diving in or replacing the faucet. This is a compression faucet with a separate sprayer. When you turn on the hot or cold or both, barely a trickle of water comes out of spout. The sprayer works, but...

View more questions Search