Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anton_035 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2007, 02:47 AM
    Afraid of getting pregnant
    I am 57 and my periods stopped around 7 years ago but I'm still afraid of getting pregnant and so I take good care during intercourse. My question is if there is any chance of getting pregnant doing the full intercourse.
    Thanks
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2007, 03:15 AM
    I think the only way a women of the age of 57 could get pregnant if she is undergoing fertility treatments to get pregnant. I could be wrong.

As well as I would think that since your periods stopped long ago that would mean you do not ovulate or produce anymore eggs. Now I could be wrong but that is my thought on this.

I would even ask this question to your doctor.

Does not matter what age your at, if your not in a committed relationship it is always better to use protection.
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2007, 05:07 AM
    Biologically, you're well past menopause and you can't get pregnant. So why are you still afraid of it? Depending on who you're having sex with, you may still need to protect yourself against STDs.
    Schoolmarm97 Posts: 206, Reputation: 47

Mar 18, 2012, 06:58 AM
    It might ease your mind to have an appointment with your ob-gyn and have a hormone level done. If you're on the edge in that assessment, you could conceivably have your tubes tied, which is a fairly simple operation, just to help you relax and enjoy sex.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Afraid I can't get pregnant [ 56 Answers ]

I have been trying to get pregnant only 3 months and no luck yet. But for some reason I'm starting to get scared that I can't get pregnant. Is that crazy? How long did it take you to get pregnant with your first child?

I'm 17 and I'm afraid I might be pregnant... [ 13 Answers ]

I was expecting my period sometime during the last week. And I started bleeding Friday night. But it pretty much stopped becaues I didn't have it Saturday and not yet today. And Im really worried. Any input would be appreciated.

I'm afraid I've become sterile [ 2 Answers ]

A few years ago, I was severely abused by my ex-boyfriend, and he punched me several times in the abdomen and chest, he killed our unborn baby, who was 5 months gestation, and put me in the hospital for 2 months. Now I'm with my husband, and we've been trying to get pregnant for over 1 year, I've...

Afraid to be a friend. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a best friend who I would honestly do anything for,anytime, anywhere. She means so much to me. I have learned in the past that I have said things or blogged about issues I shouldn't have which related to her. We almost had a falling out over a guy. This has actually happened a couple of...

Male afraid of what's to come. [ 7 Answers ]

In April, I'll have been with my girlfriend for almost two years. In the last month things have gone horribly wrong, and I'm afraid. I'll try to start at the beginning, please bear with me. My girlfriend and I met in high school, she had a crush on me I had never had a girlfriend before, so...

View more questions Search