Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laura--fanning Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2014, 11:05 PM
    How do I remove semi-permenant hair dye?
    5-6 months ago I dyed my medium brown hair a rich very very dark brown, semi permanent (either 28 or 40 wash dye). I really liked it but now I am planning to go white but my semi permanent dye will not lift and I don't know how to get rid of it. Is it possible? Can I get my hair white or light enough to dye it a pastel colour? Any help appreciated x
    Luck0rN0t Posts: 263, Reputation: 45

Nov 20, 2014, 12:07 AM
    Color Oops (Walgreens) or Color Fix (Sally's) - No idea where you live, but I have removed years and layers of color with one of these products... can't remember which one. It does not leave your hair gorgeous, but it does amazing removal of color. I have always used permanent hair color, so I am not sure how it would work on semi-permanent, but I would try it first and see where it gets you. You will need to "fix" it afterwards. I went from dark, dark brown w/ red to blonde in one weekend by myself. I don't recommend it, but if you can remove the color that is already there, it is a good start and not anywhere as harsh as bleaching. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I remove this semi-permanent hair-dye? [ 26 Answers ]

About 5/6 months ago, I decided to dye my dirty blonde hair with light blonde highlights. The colour result was nice and even though it was slightly patchy I grew to like it. But once the roots started showing I started to hate it. I didn't want to start using another product, because I didn't want...

How do I tone down or remove a semi permanent red hair dye over bleach blonde hair? [ 3 Answers ]

I am at my wits end! I had my hair professionally frosted about two months ago. I like the blonde, with my dark hair roots, but I wanted to add some red low lights with the blonde streaking throughout. However, I did not get the results I wanted. Now I have dark roots, and a multi blonde/red...

How do I get brown semi-permenant dye out of my natural blonde hair really fast [ 1 Answers ]

I dyed my hair from natural blonde to brown and I'm going back to school in a week:eek: I really don't want to go back to school looking like a freak with half blonde hair half brown so how do I get it out fast please help me:(

Semi-permenant dye gone wrong [ 1 Answers ]

Naturally I have dark blonde and some light blonde highlights About 2 and half months ago I dyed my hair light caramel brown When it dyed it pulled red and it was more red than brown It said it was semi-permenant but it actually permanently dyed my hair (it hasn't gone away and my hairstylist...

View more questions Search