Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cate123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2010, 06:04 AM
    White sewing machine serial numbers
    Could you please help-need the model number of White Treadle Sewing Machine, serial number is 1499 704, possible year 1887. Singer has a great website for obtaining manuals but need the model. Thank you.
    Doc_Meatball Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2010, 10:44 AM

White machine records are somewhat sketchy, but you've probably got a White model VS III, dated 1907. The 1887 date you refer to is most likely the date of patent. An 1887 machine would have a serial number of around 6000. Your machine should look quite similar to the one listed here:
    1906 White VSIII Treadle Sewing Machine pictures from good times photos on webshots
    Cate123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2010, 11:07 AM

Thank you! Your photos are fantastic and will be extremely helpful. First stop is obtaining the manual, then maintenance, some careful cleaning and see where I am. I am hoping to use my "green" machine (who would have imagined going back to treadle would save energy and be a good form of exercise). Whatever happens, it is so beautiful to look at. Thank you again very much for your help!
    Doc_Meatball Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2010, 05:06 PM

You're most welcome. To elaborate further, I found it wasn't easy to date my 1879 White VS I (serial number 85915). Apparently, existing White records only go back to 1900. Machines prior to that have been dated by sales receipts and other means, giving us a basic time frame of when these machines were made. White is now owned by Husqvarna Viking. It is rumored they have helped some people date their machines. There are also a few internet resources for post-1900 machines, the most comprehensive of which I've found here:
    Serial Numbers/Dating List pictures from hobbies & interests photos on webshots
    cr2 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2013, 11:52 AM
    I recently purchased a "The Jackson" treadle sewing machine. I can not find any information on it. Is anyone familiar with this machine? Is it a White or Singer knock off? The serial number is 1868403. Raising the lid lifts the machine up. Do you know if Singer bobbins will fit?

Any information you give me will be helpful. Thank you
    Nikkilou216 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2014, 10:53 AM
    Were you able to find everything you were looking for? I am in the same boat. Where to start?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

White rotary sewing machine serial numbers fr415822 [ 3 Answers ]

What year was it from ?

White sewing machine serial numbers [ 2 Answers ]

Where on a white sewing machine can the serial number be found?

Antique singer sewing machine serial numbers [ 1 Answers ]

I have a singer sewing machine that folds into the table the number is y8390586 is there any value to it please I don't want to throw it away .

View more questions Search