Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikeburks Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2007, 08:41 AM
    Cub Cadet Wheel Removal
    The rim on my Cub Cadet 1225 Garden Tractor is slightly bent, and I'd like to remove it and get a replacement. I've taken off a plastic hub cover, removed a bolt, and metal sleve, and it appears that is all that is holding it on. When I try to pull the wheel off, it still doesn't budge. Am I missing something?
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 14, 2007, 08:56 AM
    Maybe a snap ring that you can't see?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 14, 2007, 10:15 AM
    Mike, give this a try. Reinsert the bolt and screw in 3/4 of the way, leaving it a few turns short of snug. Hit the bolt head with two or three firm hits with a large heavy mallet. This should knock it loose.
    mikeburks Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2007, 03:07 PM
    Thanks everyone. Got it. Just on a little too snug. After a little WD40 and a few taps, it came right off.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 15, 2007, 04:09 PM
    WD 40 is the like duck tape for many of us. One last thought as you put on the new wheel. Any hit hard enough to bend the rim may have messed up your steering connecting rods. Tractors can be adjusted if the wheel is out of alignmnet. Have fun Mike.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cub cadet steering wheel removal [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if any one knew how to remove a steering wheel from a 1200 cub cadet. We are having problems getting it off. Please help

Cub Cadet engine cuts out when PTO engaged [ 2 Answers ]

Model 2415, engine cuts out when PTO switch is engaged, OR, when simply taking it out of park and pressing on the forward pedal. Any ideas? Thanks!

Older cub cadet riding mower [ 3 Answers ]

Older cub cadet w/ new battery won't start/turnover. Any hint?

Cub Cadet 1200 [ 3 Answers ]

Hi guys it's me again! I recently traded around for an older Cub Cadet 1200, seems I over looked some problems but am happy over-all with my trade. My question is what does it mean when 1st starting the engine it smokes blue for a couple of minutes and then clears up. Valves? Rings? It...

Tilt-wheel steering wheel problem [ 1 Answers ]

On my 1998 Buick Park Ave the tilt-wheel will no longer change positions. A couple of days ago I got in the car, adjusted the steering wheel and heard something Pop. Since then, the steering wheel will only stay in that position. Does anyone know how I might go about fixing this problem? ...

View more questions Search