Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aefs33 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2007, 05:06 PM
    No sound when online
    I have sound when I play video that I have downloaded or anything when I am offline, but there is no sound online
    jsnbrd Posts: 26, Reputation: 4

Apr 13, 2007, 04:50 PM
    In your internet explorer or web browser go to the tools tab and select internet options. From there scroll down to the multimedia settigns and check to see if the correct boxes are checked that allow sound transmission
    MoSho Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2007, 03:27 PM
    "The problem is really the mapping of wavemapper in Windows registry as reported by one member of the forum. All you need to do is to open registry editor by going to Start menu, Run, typing regedit and then Enter. After that, in the registry editor, walk yourself through the tree in the left pane, till you reach

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Win dows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32

And then on the right pane, right click and click on New, select String value, enter "wavemapper" (without quots of course), ENTER, type "msacm32.drv", ENTER.

Close the editor. No need to restart. Video on Google and YouTube et al would work fine now.

Thanks to the member who pointed out the key. I just mentioned the procedure.

Have a nice day!"
    olen1009 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2009, 08:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MoSho View Post
    "The problem is really the mapping of wavemapper in Windows registry as reported by one member of the forum. All you need to do is to open registry editor by going to Start menu, Run, typing regedit and then Enter. After that, in the registry editor, walk yourself through the tree in the left pane, till you reach

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Win dows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32

And then on the right pane, right click and click on New, select String value, enter "wavemapper" (without quots of course), ENTER, type "msacm32.drv", ENTER.

Close the editor. No need to restart. Video on Google and YouTube et al would work fine now.

Thanks to the member who pointed out the key. I just mentioned the procedure.

Have a nice day!"
    That would be a great answer it if helped me. I checked with regedit and wavemapper is in the registry as instructed... but I do no hear flash/swf files, though the video is fine. Also, if downloaded the swf file won't play with Real Player, but VLC Media Player will play them. Very weird. Is this a mime definition problem?
    eriko Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2010, 06:09 AM
    Thanks a milli mosho u saved me frm formatting my computer.. Worked great..
    ahahahelpme Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2012, 05:48 PM
    How would I do this procedure on windows 7? I am having the same problem. Email me at: [email protected]
    LHme Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2012, 05:19 PM
    11/16/2012

I had the same issue whereas I suddenly lost audio using Google Chrome for online and flash videos. I tried everything including uninstalling many programs & re-installing, downloading codecs, registry fixes & tweaking my computer. I have finally fixed this problem with my computer (running on Windows 7) by typing chrome://plugins/ in the address bar to start. On the plug-ins page, you first see Adobe Flash Player & all the way to the right side of the page is the details link to expand information for Adobe Flash Player -- Click on that. All you have to do is disable the following Shockwave Flash version 11.5.31.2

Name: Shockwave Flash
    Description: Shockwave Flash 11.5 r31
    Version: 11.5.31.2
    Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\23.0.1271.64\Peppe rFlash\pepflashplayer.dll
    Type: PPAPI (out-of-process)

Of course, my information is limited to my situation, but this was a hell of a problem for me and I'm ecstatic to have YouTube audio back again! After two weeks of research & experiments, I noticed complaints about PepperFlash which is the flash that your disabling in the above steps. I had two versions of flash; the other (currently in use) is Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502.

**This is a fix if you suddenly lost audio for online videos while the video itself plays fine, just without sound.**
    sirthomasrules Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2012, 09:40 AM
    Right you need to go to the voume control and it should have the volume for each thing. If you are watching a video or listening to something make sure the sound is turned up. If not you should restart your computer
    Hope this helps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CPU fan starts, a low hum sound on speaker and a vroom sound from cpu/fan [ 5 Answers ]

I just bought a new pentium 4 3.0 Ghz motherboard with 256 ram, connected everything as directed on the manual and plugged the power connector then started the computer. The fan starts then nothing else. All I hear is a very low hum/beep sound from the computer speaker which is immediately...

Online Game [ 3 Answers ]

Okay.. I Played this online game a long time ago... but I forgot what it was called and I really want to play it... and I can't find it online or anything because I forgot what it was called... but maybe one of you guys have played it and remember what it is... At the beginning you can pic your...

No sound, asus mother board built in sound card [ 16 Answers ]

My comp plays no sounds. All drivers are installed and I have re installed them 2. Its well annoyin. Any help with this would be great. Thanks

Online dating - what do I say to her? [ 16 Answers ]

I have now been single for five years, before that I was in an 11 year relationship that when bust. Ready for dating but it's not so easy find dates for my age group in pubs and clubs. I have joined a dating agency. What do I say to get that first response? Tell her about myself, my hobbies;...

NO SOUND after sound card install [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I'm new on here I have a HP tower.. just installed a beefed up sound card in it and it doesn't work.. made sure all connection are good.. and installed the program.. now it won't work at all.. please help me someone?

View more questions Search