Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    godiva512 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2007, 03:38 PM
    Hunter Thermostat Wiring
    It seems we are all having trouble with the Hunter 44110. I just moved into a house and I'm trying to install my programmable thermostat. I'm going from a Simple Comfort 2001 with a green, yellow, white, blue and red set up as

G
    Y
    W
    C
    R

I'm confused as do I use the jumper wire in Rh and Rc, does the blue wire go in Y and then where does the yellow wire go. When I iniallal connected the red in RH, the heat and fan was fine, but my A/C unit did not function. What did I do wrong?? PLEASE HELP!!
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Apr 8, 2007, 01:56 AM
    Jump R+H and Rc together. Is this a heat pump? Gas furnace? Or what?
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2007, 04:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by godiva512
    It seems we are all having trouble with the Hunter 44110. I just moved into a house and I'm trying to install my programmable thermostat. I'm going from a Simple Comfort 2001 with a green, yellow, white, blue and red set up as

G
    Y
    W
    C
    R

I'm confused as do I use the jumper wire in Rh and Rc, does the blue wire go in Y and then where does the yellow wire go. When I iniallal connected the red in RH, the heat and fan was fine, but my A/C unit did not function. What did I do wrong??? PLEASE HELP!!!
    G-Green= blower, Y- yellow=compressor, W- white=heat, C-blue=common 24 volt, R-red= 24 volts. Keep the jumper from RH to RC.
    godiva512 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 09:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac1000
    Jump R+H and Rc together. Is this a heat pump? gas furnace? or what?

I have a gas furnace, and it did work with the jumper. After I blew a fuse and all. Thank you.
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2007, 06:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by godiva512
    I have a gas furnace, and it did work with the jumper. After I blew a fuse and all. Thank you.
    Sorry if I made you feel like a five year old. Just trying to help. First rule of thumb. When all fails READ THE INSTRUCTIONS. I know it said to keep the jumper from RH to RC with a one transformer system in the instructions,or did you miss that part.
    joechamp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2009, 11:23 AM
    44110 says to remove the jumper for a 5-wire system. My 5 wires are R Y W G B. No indication where the blue wire should go, It was on C in the old thermostat. But there is no C for the 44110. Is C for "Cold" and should blue go on RC?
    andy-plumber Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2010, 06:40 AM
    I just moved into a new house and it had the Hunter #44110 therostat I changed it to a 42999b hunter non-programable therm; and checked the wiring and the blue wire was not used I have heat and cooling in the house I hooked up the new one and it works fine.Andy
    jesseleake Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2010, 03:16 PM
    I have a Simple Confort 2201 thermostat and I am replacing it with a Hunter 44860 programmable thermostat. Are they compatible? Is it required to hook up L - System Monitor and if so which wire? The wires I have are:

O
    W2
    G
    E
    Y1
    R
    C
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2010, 07:14 PM
    Looking at the wires you have to work with I assume its not a heat pump. L is not needed, G-green, W-whit,Y-yellow,C-blue,RH & RC jumper wire with red going to RC. Why RC, I just like RC.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hunter Thermostat wiring [ 6 Answers ]

Hello! I seem to have "developed" a problem tonight. I just removed my old manual thermo and labeled the wiring accordingly. It looked the heat hot came into a spot labeled "4". Then it was jumpered to Rc. So when I hooked up the Hunter programmable 44360, there was already a jumper between Rc and...

Hunter 44110 Programmable Thermostat Wiring HELP! [ 3 Answers ]

My current thermostat has the following six wires, hooked as follows: Orange to O Green to G Yellow to Y1 Red to R Black to C White to W1 I am attempting to install the Hunter Programmable thermostat, which only gives me 5 placements for wires:

Wiring help needed- new hunter thermostat [ 6 Answers ]

I have an old 1980 era mercury analog thermostat, and want to replace it with a programmable one. The system coontosl a gas furnace with external compressor. The old t-stat is a general electric, and has the following wire conventions: Wire Terminal Green G...

White-Rodgers to new Hunter Thermostat (Wiring Help Please) [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I have a new home, built in 2003, with Central Heat and Air. It's all run off electricity and is using a Lennox Model CB29M-41-1P heat pump. The WHITE ROGERS DIGITAL HEAT PUMP THERMOSTAT 1F89-211 used the following wires: White Red Brown Orange Yellow

Wiring Question for Hunter programmable Thermostat [ 7 Answers ]

Hey there, I'm hoping someone can help me with this. OK I have a Hunter Programmable Thermostat Model #44360. When I hook it up the fan works, it kicks on when it should at the right temp, however it's blowing hot. The color wires that are hooked up with my old thermostat are: White, Blue, Green,...

View more questions Search