Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    edwardk9 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2005, 11:49 AM
    Tiny red spots on skin
    Hello everyone.

I don't know if I have just noticed these or if they have just appeared but nonetheless I am stressed out over them.

They look like someone took a tiny tiny pin and place little dots on my skin. They are hard to see unless you are pretty close the area. They are not raised and some blanch when pressed while others do not.

I have had one of these on the palm of my hand all my life. I have also had one on my thigh and a couple near my chest bone.

I have about 8 or 9 near my underarms and a couple on my shoulders.

I am a 21 year old male in relatively good health. I would go to the doctor but I am a student with no health insurance. My girl friend has a couple on her also that she says she has had all her life but only two or three.

Should I be concerned? I have read many articles and post that suggest different things (I have goolged for images and haven't found any that look like what I have.) ranging from nothing to death.

They do not itch and are not painful at all.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you!
    edwardk9 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2005, 02:59 PM
    Please, any suggestions or experiences?
    beej Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2005, 04:29 PM
    I have also
    Hello,

I'm a male/26 with same little spots... have a few... some I've had for quite a while. I had one on my cheek that was quite different from about 6th - 9th grade, but that has since gone away. That was diagnosed by my pediatrician as a "vascular spider", which was basically harmless. It came to a little peak like a pimple, but despite what I tried, it would not go away. Doctor said it was something that can happen during puberty.

Anyway, aside from that, I am also in good health, and have some of the little flat tiny red spots too (on my back, on my biceps, and on my legs), but I'm pretty sure they are harmless. My mother is a registered nurse and has been for 30+ years and she says she has seen before and is most likely just nerve endings that reach the skin surface. So, if that sounds like the same thing you are describing, I wouldn't worry too much.

B
    beej Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2005, 04:32 PM
    Also...
    If I'm wrong about the "nerve endings", it could just be different pigmentation in the skin. I think a lot of people have that. My wife has too, and she is healthy. So maybe it's just a sign of healthy people!
    mat78 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2007, 04:52 AM
    Hey guys,
    I ve experience the same thing recently with a sudden eruption of pinpoint red spots in my arms and chest. In the past I noticed 2 ot 3 in the chest but the number has increased during the last 6 months. I visited my gp and he said it s nothing to worry about and I actually believe in that because I haven't got any accompanying symptoms. As he said, campbell de morgan spots can be tiny or bigger to 4 mm in diameter and they represent tiny broken capillaries. :)
    I think this is the situation we all here experience! I guess we have to let it go as there is nothing we could do to prevent these spots.
    Regards
    Pilot Girl Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Apr 7, 2008, 12:33 PM
    I was outside sunbathing, rubbing lotion on my skin and noticed these tiny red spots in various places arms, legs, chest...
    I of course, IMMEDIATELY googled this & found this site.
    I have noticed them in the past... but more so today, (while rubbing tan oil on).
    I am 33, have worked out since I was 18, get checkups regularly and have had no health issues, thank God, whatsoever in the past. So... after reading Nurse's son... I agree. It is nothing to worry about.
    sandpointyuma Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2009, 05:59 PM
    I googled "red spots skin" and learned about cherry angioma.
    Bilal_Ali Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2009, 05:37 AM

As you mentioned symptoms of your red spots on skin these are I think acne like things. And altogether different from the red spots on skin which looked quite like blushes and by skin condition which are more chronic one. LIke Scleroderma, eczema and Psoriais.
    However there are many reason for the existence of such spots on skin like insect bytes and infections etc. Allergic reaction is also a causes of such spots.
    catsandwolves Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2009, 06:08 AM
    Hello,

Occasionally, I get a red spot on top of the skin on the lower part of my arm. I got one again about a week ago and now I got another one right next to it. They don't itch or hurt. They seem to go away, but what can they be? Caroline
    diego7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2009, 10:22 PM
    I have many also and seem to get more. My friend who is a new Doctor says they could be a sign of liver problems.
    tonyjoker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2009, 07:14 PM

Hello there I also have tiny little red spots on my arm sort of shape like a square, and a few single ones around my body, but I never notice them till I was about 10, and I am 14 so I am just woundering what they are.
    ducdeprovence Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2009, 05:43 AM

I have large red spots on arms. Looks like broken capillaries . If I even slightly hit my arm it will appear. Sometimes I get very itchy and then the red patch will appear. What is it and what to do. All blood tests normal
    Sunkotah1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2010, 11:55 AM
    I have had them for about 2 years now and they do not go away. I have them on my chest and neck area, along with my upper arms, they itch sometimes ecpecially when I get upset. The doctor said it was probably broken capillaries. I just have to go on and be embarrassed by them.
    Sunkotah1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2010, 11:59 AM
    I have them on my upper chest area along with my arms, neck. Doctor said they are probably broken capillaries and nothing to worry about, but then again they might have something to do with your liver. Mine itch when I get upset or in the sun too long. :)
    cathym171 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2010, 11:25 AM
    I have the same thing.I have had it all my life and sometimes you can see it really clearly and sometimes its really faint
    I really want to get rid of them because I only have 4 of them and they are all on my right hand and when I go to school I get a little embarrassed about them.
    cathym171 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2010, 11:31 AM

I have the same thing I have 4 on my right arm and some times you can see them clearly and some times they can get really faint.
    I really want to get rid of them because when I go to school I get a bit embarrassed by them and try to cover up my hand up when I write.
    jAMEZZ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2010, 08:12 AM
    Hi I'm 14 years old and I have the same problem. I had a few of these around my thighs but in the last couple of days they have suddenly increased on my chest arms legs ankles and a few on my back. I drink A lot of milk if that has anything to do with it and I have got drunk a few times recently. Please somebody help me I'm worried :(
    Calonna78 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2010, 11:30 AM
    I have tiny red spots appearing on my skin... I noticed them on my stomach first... didn't think much of them. Then about a month later I noticed that they are increasing in numbers and spreading to different areas. I now have several more on my stomach, some on my chest now, some on my higher arms, and some on my thighs. They don't itch, they are not going away and they are not raised. I also did research online and think they maybe ITP (Idiopathic Thromaocytopenic Purpura), it's a condition of having a low platelet count (a blood condition). In one or two cases the person had to have their spleen removed. I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow to ask him about them to find out for sure what they are. I may just be getting them because I have a B12 deficiency, which also has to do with a low platelet count. I take B12 injections once a month though and don't know why these spots would appear, unless my injections aren't enough. But having an appointment tomorrow is good cause the doctors office called me Friday and wants me to come in for lab testing to check my blood count anyway. So I figured I'd ask about the spots then. There are several different things the tiny red spot could be caused from, just need to work with your doctor to find out!
    Kathy Jones Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2010, 11:58 AM
    Hello, I have these little
    Red spots too!
    They're mostly on my knuckles
    And when I usually press on
    Them the redness goes
    Away but then comes
    Back.
    They don't hurt at all
    iv'e tried poking it with a
    Needle but nothing really
    Happens.
    I'm just wondering what
    In the heck are these things?
    teioi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2010, 05:36 AM
    I had its also.. and I had check it at the web they say its might be a 'petechia' OH MY GOD... Im so worry after read it.huhuhu

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petechia
    Someone can give an advice about this?I'm really worry abot the red dots that day by day its increases in number?. help me..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tiny pin sized red itchy dots [ 17 Answers ]

I have about 5 or so of this tiny pin sized red dots that itch more than anything I've ever experienced. I found if I leave them alone they'll dry up in about a week or so. But if I dare scratch them they spread into a rash. Any ideas?

Tiny zit like bumps on arms [ 8 Answers ]

For years I have had little bumps on my forearms. Not painful, not rashy. About the size of little zits, but not red at all. Just flesh colored. My bet is that they are hair follicles, but... they never go away or get smaller. Anyone have any ideas as to what they are and how to get rid of...

Dark spots caused by healed skin [ 6 Answers ]

I have dark skin, under, around, over and at the sides of my eyes. It was first caused by a rash which healed and left the skin darker when I was a kid. 8 years later I used a hydroquinone based product to finally get rid of it and it made everything worse causing darker skin to spread all around...

Tiny fridge, hot in back [ 4 Answers ]

I have just purchased a new 1.7 cubic feet Haier refrigerator. About an hour after plugging it in, I noticed that the back coils were quite hot. Is this normal for a fridge? Ive done some googling around, and it seems to be normal, but want to be sure.

Age spots, discoloration and sagging skin [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have lots of age spots and discoloration and sagging skin can someone suggest the best skin lightner and antiaging product on the market please Thanks

View more questions Search