Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ukefan2013 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2014, 03:32 PM
    7th grade to 9th grade?
    I am just about to graduate from 7th grade and go on to 8th, but I was kind of held back from going to school when I was supposed to because I was just a few days off the deadline. I was wondering if I can get to where I need to be and go straight to ninth grade, but I don't know how to or even if it is possible. Can I take some kind of summer school that will get me all my credits that I need to get to high school? Is that even a thing? Please help.
    Ukefan2013 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2014, 03:38 PM
    I also live in Utah so does that matter?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 1, 2014, 03:43 PM
    This is something best discussed with your principal. Every school has it's own rules.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 1, 2014, 03:55 PM
    You need to talk to a guidance counselor at your school. They can tell you what you have to do. Best to have a parent come with you to talk to them.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2014, 04:08 PM
    Another consideration would be how you did with the 7th grade work. Did you take any advanced type classes that might have been available? Did your grades reflect that of someone doing okay with the work, or did you excel? Often the recommendation for skipping a grade will come from teachers who find that you are working much further ahead of the work at the current grade level. You might want to talk to some of your current teachers and see what they think about the possibility.

As was said, have your parents make an appointment with the administration at your school if it seems as though you would be a good candidate for skipping a grade.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2014, 06:33 PM
    You can't jump top the 9th grade anyplace unless you can show through testing you have mastered ALL the 8th grade material in your case, none of which you have had yet.. And there are very few places that would allow it anyway. Very few people are really intelligent and hard working enough to do it.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 1, 2014, 08:05 PM
    It actually not your principal you would have to talk with, it's the high school principal. I was an administrator for 39 years and never heard of this ever happening. BTW, you don't graduate from 7th grade, your are promoted to 8th.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I failed the 7th grade twice then I never went back. I'm 15 can I be put in 9th [ 10 Answers ]

I'm about to turn 16. I failed the 7th grade twice then when it was third time going back I never went back because I was embarrassed I'm supposed to be in the 9th grade. I need to go back to school but I'm to embarrassed to step foot in school knowing I will be 16 in two months and am still in the...

How can I skip from 7th to 9th grade in Texas? [ 3 Answers ]

My twin sister is going to 9th grade on Monday August 27th.I am one grade behind my sister because I went to India. I went to India because of special Ed. I did not like special Ed. I came back on November 2011.All the kids in 9th grade don't talk to the 8th graders in the church hall.

I am 13 and in 7th grade... [ 4 Answers ]

I am 13 and in 7th grade. I like a 14 year old guy and he is in 8th grade. All he knows about me is that he was a T.A. in my class and that I am in Student Council with him and I came from California. Other then that he doesn't know me. I really like him and people think I don't have a chance...

I'm 15 and I'm going to 8th grade , I don't want to do 8th grade I want to skip to 9th [ 11 Answers ]

I stayed back in 4th grade and 5th grade , now I'm becoming a 8th grader , I'm really ready for high school even though my grades are a little low , can you help me shoud I move to a other country so they could skip me?

View more questions Search