Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chadcockerham Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2007, 10:06 AM
    Signing rights away
    Hello I'm asking on how to sign my right away I am the father and I don't get to see my kids much and have to pay a lot of money for childsupport which I'm behind on and now they want to thow me in jail when I'm trying. So I would like to just sign my rights away. She is married now and my kids have his last name and she always says they don't need me as a dad they have a dad. So please help me all she wants is to see me in jail.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Apr 11, 2007, 10:11 AM
    You would need to go to court to sign away your rights, but you need to understand that unless her new husband adopts those children, you are STILL liable for child support.

Giving up your rights does not mean you can give up your obligations.
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Apr 11, 2007, 10:14 AM
    Sign away -- you will still be paying child support though unless he adopts them -- they are your kids SUPPORT them. Savage
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 11, 2007, 10:58 AM
    As you most likely have figured out by now, signing away your "rights" merely mean you can't visit, can't have any say about the life of your child, but it does not stop your obligation to pay child support ( if you could give that away would people be sitting in jail? ) only if a step parent wants to adopt, will the child support end.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Signing over rights what can we do [ 13 Answers ]

My husband is being served with child support papers and he hasn't seen the child since he was born because she ran him off and told him to leave and not come back now she is wanting child support we are wondering if there is anyway he can just give up all his rights and that be the end of it...

Signing away my rights? [ 71 Answers ]

I am an 18 yr old male in Michigan . I got my ex girlfriend pregnant right before we broke up. She refuses to get an abortion because she really hates me and wants to do this as revenge in her own words she wants to "take me for every dollar i have" . I have offered to pay for an abortion and she...

Signing you rights over [ 2 Answers ]

My husband pays child support on his son, and he never see's him well he recently switched jobs and where as on the previous job this job does not provide health insurance, well we got a phone call from the child support office saying we had 20 days to comply with covering his son with insurance...

Signing over rights [ 4 Answers ]

I have someone that wants to sign her baby over to me. Does that mean a Home Study has to be done? Or can paper work just be signed? :confused:

View more questions Search