Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    helpinghand Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2005, 07:22 AM
    Bathroom wiring diagram
    I am wiring a new basement bathroom. I have created a diagram showing how I plan to wire it. Just curious if anyone sees any problems with the way I'm doing this? Thanks and hope the attachment shows up correctly!
    Attached Images

labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2005, 07:36 AM
    Looks OK to me. If the light or fan is over the tub, I think it needs to be on a separate GFI.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2005, 03:46 PM
    The circuit does look fine. If you want to comply with code, the entire circuit must be all #12 cable and on its own 20 amp circuit breaker.

Labman is on the right track with the light or fan above the tub must be GFI protected, however, both can be on the GFI outlet circuit and does not need a separate GFI.
    mstrasse1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2007, 10:06 PM
    Sure would like to see the diagram.
    Any chance of that?
    helpinghand Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2007, 05:05 AM
    Sorry, I no longer have the diagram, if that's what you're asking. But if you scroll up you can see it.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 19, 2007, 08:21 AM
    I would use decora style switches, Lighted would keep from having night light in recpticle.
    larryc Posts: 1, Reputation: 3

Jan 9, 2008, 08:45 AM
    Just to be clear for anyone surfing for a circuit diagram for a bathroom, the GFI in this diagram does NOT protect the fan & light, it only protects itself. To include the fan & light on the GFI, you would need to have the hot wire from the power source go to the load on the GFI, then the GFI to the switches.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jan 9, 2008, 10:05 AM
    To make this a multi control GFCI receptacle, move the main #12 AWG supply conductors to the lower or "Line terminals of the GFCI. No other connections to the source supply for this circuit design!

Add a #12 AWG connection from the top or "Load" terminals of the GFCI to become the input supply for the pig tails within the Double gang switch box.

The main feed from the breaker must only come into the "LINE terminals" usually the lower terminals on the GFCI receptacles.

The top terminals or "LOAD" terminals can then feed the indicated pigtails within the double gang switch box. With the design configuration, the GFCI receptacle will now provide down stream protection for the other connected loads
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2008, 03:41 PM
    The diagram is correct, no need to GFI protect the light and fan in most cases.

This question is over 2 years old and is closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Rotary switch wiring diagram [ 4 Answers ]

I purchased an old rotary switch, unfortunately without a wiring diagram. It has four settings (off, low, med, hi), and four wiring poles. Contacts rotate at two levels and connect the poles as shown in the attached JPG. My question is how to wire this thing (I assume there are three incoming...

Wiring diagram for nissan primera si 97 [ 9 Answers ]

Hi there, Does anyone know where I can find a car stereo wiring diagram for the above model of car? Help Please :(

Wiring diagram nissan pathfinder [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know the power,battery always on and the ground wire colors on a stereo in a 1991 nissan pathfinder v-6 4 wheel drive thank you

Wiring diagram [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I was hoping someone would be able to tell me where I can find a wiring diagram for a 95 honda civic... I need to find the continuity between some wires and I need to figure out where the other ends of them are... so if there are any web sites that have them... please let me know asap

Nissan terrano wiring diagram [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone seen or know where I might be able to purchase one as I have a hi/low beam problem Rgds Haz:

View more questions Search