Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    camolover Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2014, 06:01 PM
    Can I get pregnant having unprotected sex 2 days before my period?
    I had unprotected sex with my husband 2 days before and the day before my period started. My period lasted 6 days and now it's been 2 weeks I'm feeling sick to my stomach, nauseous and a little dizzy. Could I possibly be pregnant? My cycles have been pretty normal the last 6 months, they are 30 days long.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 13, 2014, 06:07 PM
    The only sign of pregnancy is a missed period. The symptoms you are having are either an illness or wishful thinking. Please wait at least two weeks after you miss your next period and then take a pregnancy test with first morning's urine.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2014, 06:25 PM
    Wondergirl is correct... also its possible for a woman to get pregnant at any point of her cycle... even during her period... so you always must treat it like you could.

Unless you are tracking your ovulation (a very tedious process with a Basal Temp chart) you can't know when you ovulate during your cycle.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 14, 2014, 02:58 AM
    It is not likely you are pregnant, since you had sex on your period, it is possible.

But at 2 week pregnant, you would not really have any signs yet. So this is as noted most likely worry, or illness.

You will just have to wait and see if you miss your period
    afrahsohail Posts: 35, Reputation: 3

Feb 14, 2014, 03:30 AM
    I don't think because fertile days are fr0m day 4-6 lasting for 6 t0 12 days.so you cann't conceive just after a period and 4 days minimum before period has started. You can tell me the length of your cycles(minimum days between your two period dates and maximum lenth) and either they are regular or not then I can guide you more. You can get a pregnancy test done it shows results after two weeks of pregnancy.
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2014, 04:21 AM
    Afrasohail, that is very incorrect. All women do not ovulate at the same point of their cycle so unless that's been determined either through medical testing or via basal temprature charts , one can not know when they ovulate. Some women DO conceive before, after and DURING a period. Makingh a claim there are universal safe days with women is very incorrect. There are only more or less likely days.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 14, 2014, 05:51 AM
    For one who claims to be a doctor you seem to be ignorant about basic biology. While it is highly unlikely camolover is pregnant, any time there is penile insertion there is the possibility of pregnancy. The possibility may be remote but it exists.

Every woman's cycle is different. Sperm can last in the body for several days. A home pregnancy test can show pregnancy 2 weeks after a missed period, not 2 weeks after conception.

To Camolover,

Your symptoms can be due to any number of things besides pregnancy. In the highly unlikely event you were pregnant, symptoms would not manifest themselves this early. The first real sign of a pregnancy is a missed period. So you would need to wait until your next period is due to even think pregnancy is a possibility.

Feb 14, 2014, 12:11 PM
    Well I just shared what I have studied there are calculations of fertile days snd during periods I haven't ever studied thst anyone have got pregnant.the fact is clear without an ovum or ruptured ovum how can anyone get fertilized I respect you experiences may be you have seen or heard some rare events. According to my knowledge there are least chances of getting pregnant in this case. And yes I did pregnancy test of my patient before she missed her periods and that came positive earliest test as far as I know can be done before the periods are missed. I am not so much experienced but I sm sharing things I know and have studied.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 14, 2014, 12:32 PM
    First, studies done by HPT manufacturers have shown that the tests are most effective during the 2nd week after a missed period. Second while calculations and studies do indicated when most woman ovulate there are exceptions so making a positive statement like you did is inaccurate. Yes it unlikely, but not impossible. We pride ourselves on the factual accuracy of what's posted here. And your response was not factually accurate.
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2014, 12:36 PM
    The problem is its been proven that women are inconsistent as to when they ovulate within their cycle. The problem with calculations are they make a lot of assumptions. And while they might apply with the women who happen to fall within those assumptions, there are a lot of women that don't fall within that time window.

And while the percentages might be higher in that window... the numbers of women that aren't are not rare.

It happens with enough frequency one can never assume there is ever a SAFE day where she can't get pregnant. Because most women live their entire lives never knowing exactly when they ovulate. The ones that do usually have experienced fertility issues and test to find out when to maximize their chances, as it's a tedious process. Not to mention sperm can live up to 7 days inside the woman, long enough to negate the least likely days she will have in some cases.

After all, consider the irony of someone quoting statistics to anyone who had something happen to them they weren't expecting, or wasn't very likely.

We have several prominent members here that will prove that point with how statistically unlikely it is one can get pregnant while on the pill AND using condoms (just proving the point of never and rarely).....when its you that does, AND worse have it happen more than once..

Feb 14, 2014, 01:12 PM
    Ok

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I had unprotected sex then came on my period two days later, could I be pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex then came on my period two days later, could I be pregnant?

We had unprotected sex 4 days before my period, can I be pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

We had unprotected sex 4 days before my last period, but not since then, but I have missed my last period, could I still be pregnant?

I had unprotected sex and I had my period 4 days later can I still be pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex 4 days before my regular period, I got my period as expected on the day I regularly get my period, can I be pregnant? Or should I wait until my next period to find out?

Unprotected Sex 10 days before period.can I be pregnant? [ 5 Answers ]

I had sex with my boyfriend 2 days after my period.. (Nov 3rd) Now today we had unprotected sex again.. Nov 17th.. and my period is due again Around Nov 26-27... Can I be pregnant? We really are hoping that we are!

View more questions Search